Sign in to follow this  
Apex

10 Reasons WHY I SHOULD buy another E30.

@ Apex, personally, I have wayyyyy more fun working on/building mine than I ever do driving it, and I am sure a few others on here would feel the same.

Looks like you have already convinced yourself you don't want another one, no need to go on about it.

OPPOSITE for me.

Ok, back on topic....

1) Great fun for track days

2) With a few minor tweeks to suspension and brakes - even more fun at trackdays

3) Add a few tweeks to the engine and its a huge ball of fun at trackdays and will embarass lots of modern "hi-performance" road cars at half the cost

4) Plenty of spare parts available cheap

5) Easy to work on and no expensive electrickery to crap out

6) A classic design and still a good looking car - even after all these years.

7) Your kids will think you're cool, especially if you have a roof that comes off

8) E30 M3

9) You can pretend you are Johnny Cecotto, Steve Soper, Roberto Ravaglia, Denny Hulme, Peter Brock.. etc..

10) If you want you can make it into a damn good fun full-on race car in the BMW series (sorry couldn't resist) :D

Considering you can get a manual 325i for $4000. And a mint M325i for $10000.

What else would you buy?

Interested in peoples opinion's, as I've tried selling my e30, but lost interest because I dont know what I would replace it with.

E34 540i for around 5k ish, that will be my next car I hope. Simon has taught me well ;)

Have toyed with the idea of an E34 but ultimately not for me.

I will stalk out another M325i when I spot one and run up to them with Cash, worked with the last car. Spotted one in Rotorua last week but it got away from me, Lach silver and driven by an unsuspecting 40 something year old women.

an 535is is prolly cheaper than a 325 and the 5 is a much much nicer car,and they DONT rust

Don't usually rust

PFLs usually do, lol.

I have wayyyyy more fun working on/building mine than I ever do driving it, and I am sure a few others on here would feel the same.

OPPOSITE for me.

Same, wayyy more fun driving it than working on it tbh.

I enjoy working on the car,

I do not enjoy working on the car on the soaking wet driveway.

I also do not enjoy paying for parts. that gets expensive.

Should of mentioned comment was directed at E34's

an 535is is prolly cheaper than a 325 and the 5 is a much much nicer car,and they DONT rust

Unless they're from the UK- the one I have is rustier than a rusty thing, I will be very happy stripping and reshelling it- gives me something to do at least! :D

But I'd have an E30 in any shape any day of the week- 'vert, coupe, sedan or touring. Anything you don't like about it can be replaced or upgraded by aftermarket newer gear, and IMO it still looks better than most cars that have come out since. Definitely in the top ten of cars I'd look at given the opportunity and the $$.

Considering you can get a manual 325i for $4000. And a mint M325i for $10000.

What else would you buy?

Interested in peoples opinion's, as I've tried selling my e30, but lost interest because I dont know what I would replace it with.

A SKYLINE GTST ANTONY, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU

A SKYLINE GTST ANTONY, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU

I'd consider a diesel corolla wagon first.