Sign in to follow this  
matthewdmartin

Nissan Mobil 500

Does anyone know where I can get copies of the NM500 races? I'm more interested in the '87 to '92 races with the Group A cars.

I have contacted TV3 but got nowhere.....

Cheers

I think my old man recorded every single year on VHS! I'll have to talk to him and see if he still has them.

If there is enough demand I could maybe transfer them to DVD as I wouldnt mind a copy of them myself.

All this wont happen over night thou!

I would like a copy. Box of beer?

Contact the librarian of the BMW Club of NZ. They have footage of some of the races on VHS if I remember correctly.

Looks promising! Have just spoken to him. He said he has "LOTS" of videos of both the Nissan Mobil 500 & Bathurst going way back. Ill have a dig thru the 60 odd videos over the weekend.

DUDE! you freakin legend.

I have been looking for footage for years! I attended every NM500 with my dad when I was little.

I'd be totally keen if someone could rip them the DVD ?

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl

easepleasepleasepleaseplease

Excuse my ignorance but was the NM500 also know as the "Wellington Street Races" ? If that is the case then I would be very interested in a DVD set, and also willing to help copy the stuff over using my media server rig at home.

I would also be interested in the earlier Bathurst coverage, particularly for the era with the JPS 635i and the M3s, the few snippets on YouTube have well and truly whet my appetite. Any good books that people can recommend or lend would be most welcome.

I have the early Bathurst on my PC as avi files if anyone in Auckland is keen.

1987 - 1992 with the likes of the Sierra Cosworths, Nissan GTRs and BMW E30 M3s.

1987 - 1992 with the likes of the Sierra Cosworths, Nissan GTRs and BMW E30 M3s.

YES please!

the whole race? or highlights?

are you able to upload somewhere?

Get them to me if you want. Can host them on Rapidshare for everyone.

Get them to me if you want. Can host them on Rapidshare for everyone.

Let me know if you're coming into the city (Ponsonby) and I'll hand over the files.

I go to Ponsonby every friday, i can grab the files and host them on my seedbox if anyone is interested. Maybe a Bimmersport exclusive torrent? haha

I go to Ponsonby every friday, i can grab the files and host them on my seedbox if anyone is interested. Maybe a Bimmersport exclusive torrent? haha

You should fully tell me where your seedbox is hosted.

I lost my old Kimsufi one and have been a lazy f**ker about getting another one :P

Excuse my ignorance but was the NM500 also know as the "Wellington Street Races" ? If that is the case then I would be very interested in a DVD set, and also willing to help copy the stuff over using my media server rig at home.

I would also be interested in the earlier Bathurst coverage, particularly for the era with the JPS 635i and the M3s, the few snippets on YouTube have well and truly whet my appetite. Any good books that people can recommend or lend would be most welcome.

Jon here you go. Found this the other night brought back some memories. I was standing on Cable st. next to the barrier with no fence!! watching Cossies and M3's batlling it out all day in a round of the World Touring car champs!!

Really was the begining for me. Went out and brought a 2002 after that to go racing.

^^ Part 2, 52 secs in. Watch the Texaco Ford Sierra blow past Brock in the Commy in less than a 200m stretch!

lol at the Volvo's - 1min 26 sec in

Another reason why the 80's ruled :D

everything was better in the 80's

:huh:

Torrent of anything involving the Starions would be awesome !

Ive been trying to find Turbo Era F1 also.

Ill have a hunt through my stuff because i think ive got about 12 hours of Group B Coverage.

God I'd forgotten how awesome this was. :D

Sorry but the v8s just dont compare.

Edited by 1rotty

Watching Cossies and M3's batlling it out all day in a round of the World Touring car champs!!

Really was the begining for me. Went out and brought a 2002 after that to go racing.

Thanks for linking those Paul, epic stuff.

I had just got my car license in those days so I was heavily into the touring cars - the start of my love affair with the E30 M3 (one day.... one day....) after seeing them in the British and European champs.

Any word on the potential video to DVD / torrent / file transfers?