Sign in to follow this  
Quinn

I now live in Munich, Germany.

Hey guys,

Im not sure how smart this is (I don't really want to get bombarded with thousands of requests for BBS wheels of ebay)...BUT if there is anything really tasty anyone wants from Germany I am happy to help (up to a point).

Just thought I'd let you know as I really could have used an option like this when I was in NZ...

Cheers

Quinn

bmw M60/m62 v8 manual gearboxes also v12 m70 manual boxes thanks :D

How would you be shipping parts back?

Might be interested if it works out to be alot cheaper...

How good is your German, mine is pretty rusty as it's been a few years since I left school. There have been a couple of cars I have found on the web for sale that I have been unable to communicate with the owner properly! Wuld you be a good translator, if I need to know if a kaputten dupplepuffen flippenflappenmuckenspreaden is a big problem?

Oh, and if you happen to see any ext-DTM E30 M3s going cheap drop me a PM :D !

bmw M60/m62 v8 manual gearboxes also v12 m70 manual boxes thanks :D

+1 on the m62 6spd thanks hahahahaha :P

Thats awesome. I love Germany have been there 5 times... lol its funny spent 55 dollars yesterday to transfer 40 euros to Germany... how sad is that lol

:)

You guys are doing it all wrong, we don't want german car parts.. we want german females :S

Hey mate, how about a Panzer tank? Could you FEDX me one?

I've just hired a German guy FOB. They seem to be pretty nice and straight up people.

Hey mate, how about a Panzer tank? Could you FEDX me one?

I've just hired a German guy FOB. They seem to be pretty nice and straight up people.

Well, if ya do it bit by bit... just like the GI's shipping M16's and jeeps back from vietnam! lol

Quinn, there are a few tools (NWS Pliers) I'd like to order from ebay.de, would this be feasible? And thanks from all us Bimmersporters for offering this to us, it really is appreciated!

So what are you up to in Germany?

Edited by Sick Puppy

Well, if ya do it bit by bit... just like the GI's shipping M16's and jeeps back from vietnam! lol

Quinn, there are a few tools (NWS Pliers) I'd like to order from ebay.de, would this be feasible? And thanks from all us Bimmersporters for offering this to us, it really is appreciated!

So what are you up to in Germany?

I'm here for at least the next two years studying and then hopefully finding a job. Things like tools will be no worries, as for bigger parts such as wheels (or gear boxes Brent?...) that would be a little harder but not impossible. The best thing would be to PM me if you find something you seriously want. As long as it's near where I live I can organise postage etc for you. I'm not going to inspect mechanical parts for people (I'm not a mechanic) or make decisions on quality, thats up to you. I remember finding it hard to get anyone to send parts overseas on ebay (unless its a company) so I'm happy for parts to be sent to me and I can send them on (upon payment for postage). I'm happy to help you guys as long as people are reasonable.

Cheers

Quinn

Hi Quinn

Enjoy the Bratwurst in the central Marketplas !!! I will be at Octoberfest again next year, 2011, with a trade show so if you are homesick by then, give me your shopping list :)

One highly recommended thing to do in Munich is to go online and book a tour through the BMW 5 series plant in Dingolfing (sp). It is 1 hour train ride south of Munich but after doing the English speaking tour, it would be one of the highlights of my bucket list so far. To see the 5 series roll down the line in no particular order is an engineering feat. Anyway, book a tour and do it then tell everyone here about it !!!!

Cheers, will give you a holler when I have some $$ to spend. Just so that I/we know what we're looking at, do you know what the website is for the German Post Office? Is it http://www.deutschepost.de? Seems to be DHL?!

Figuring if we know, we can factor it into our budgets... B)

Just so that I/we know what we're looking at, do you know what the website is for the German Post Office? Is it http://www.deutschepost.de? Seems to be DHL?!

DHL are owned by Deutsche Post now (have been for the last few years).

Very kind of you to offer Quinn, and must say I'm envious that you're living there! It seems that all quotes for shipping from Germany seem to be DHL - does anyone know if that's the cheapest option? (As DHL is usually one of the most pricey options but I don't know if the fact that they're owned by Deutsche Post makes them the national carrier such as USPS in the States)

Very kind of you to offer Quinn, and must say I'm envious that you're living there! It seems that all quotes for shipping from Germany seem to be DHL - does anyone know if that's the cheapest option? (As DHL is usually one of the most pricey options but I don't know if the fact that they're owned by Deutsche Post makes them the national carrier such as USPS in the States)

Ha ha it looks like you guys know more about Germany than I do, ie I didn't know DHL is owned by Deutsche Post (I just asked my girlfriend and she confirmed it) and I also did not know there was another BMW factory outside of Munich for the 5 series... I've driven past the BMW World park and I was planning on checking it out, but now I'll have to google this other factory. A one hour tour sounds awesome. I'm also going to check out some of the other manufacturing tours in Italy like Ducati, Farrari etc as I have a friend living in there.

In the past I have checked out getting stuff from Germany/Europe and there's always been two issues:

1) People not being willing to send overseas/ fear of being ripped off because of the whole international time delay.

2) the cost of shipping/postage.

I unfortunately can only help with the first of these issues.

The crazy thing about shipping is it gets exponentially cheaper the more you send, so much so that you might as well organise a container and find people to full it.

The idea of a shipping container has always appealed to me (partly because it creates a great excuse to buy more crap) but the logistics have always been such an issue.

Helping you guys out will have to be done on a case by case basis (I'm not going to run around organising shipping etc for you) but it would make sense to band together if you want something bigger. I have a 3x4mtr basement I "could" store "some stuff" in until there's enough to send a big box.

To give you an idea of costs my girlfriend sent a 2.5m3 box (quite large) to NZ from Hamburg for €900 a year or so ago. Weight is not an issue when it comes to shipping buy the way...

I will talk to my mate in logistics who may be able to help with the shipping....

I am importing a lot of things for my business ex Europe from full containers ex Belgium to part containers (LCL) from Germany & France. The company to use is Mainfreight International as they consolidate various company's stuff like ours, into one mixed container. It is a lot cheaper than DHL or any postal service but takes 8 weeks to get to NZ.

My suggestion is to pull the gear together, with Quinn's help on the ground there if required, and then arrange it to be collected by Mainfreight from a given address or have it shipped ex buyer to the Mainfreight's partner in Germany's depot. It is easy to organise and simple to pay when the goods arrive in NZ. At an estimate, a pallet of "stuff" would cost about $800 to $1000 to land here. A full container is about Euro 2500 to transport plus a further $NZ 1200 in fees when it arrives here + GST payable on the goods.

Hope this helps :)