Sign in to follow this  
_Matt_

Idiot things previous owners have done to your car.

The stuff used to mount my spoiler looked exactly the same and it just rubbed off.

na mate, this aint your everyday silicone :(

Probably not silicone at all but more likely a glue. If it's solid like concrete then possibly an adhesive (like araldite). Might have to be ground off and then repaired.

pretty sure its this stuff....

Posted Image

it's definitely a soft rubber but i don't have a knife to cut the excess off...ill be repairing each hole anyway as they are all rusty.

pretty sure its this stuff....

Posted Image

it's definitely a soft rubber but i don't have a knife to cut the excess off...ill be repairing each hole anyway as they are all rusty.

Try turps and rag. Turps softens silicone (learn't this while rebuilding my BBS wheels)

White spirits does too. As well as your hands.

Edited by tastic

Have found quite a few annoying repairs on cars that I have owned over the years, none so far on either of the BMWs though - both from good homes!

Worst one had to be the previous owner of my Triumph Spitfire who had carried out some chassis repairs with a coke can, some bog and lots of underseal. When this inevitably failed it provided some very interesting three-wheel steering suspension movement, it also caused the passenger door to open on sharp right hand bends, causing some very worried looks on un-suspecting passenger.

Most of the rest are no worse than some of the things I have done to cars when I know i am going to flick them off soon <_<

Thanks Nathan, my wax and grease remover worked a treat.

The main idiot thing the previous owner did to my car is let a vagina own it. They just dont know how to look after cars... I dont know what the f**k the whore did in it but there is high heel holes everywhere

love cars that have pink playboy bunny sh*t stuck everywhere...bloody vaginas haha.

Judging by the carjam report...

It's been owned by some azn guy, then a family (two names, same last name) then some dude that was about 30~ then me....

It's allright though, Having Urethane bushings replacing most of the standard ones and new shocks and new fuel pump particularly pleases me.

Have found quite a few annoying repairs on cars that I have owned over the years, none so far on either of the BMWs though - both from good homes!

Worst one had to be the previous owner of my Triumph Spitfire who had carried out some chassis repairs with a coke can, some bog and lots of underseal. When this inevitably failed it provided some very interesting three-wheel steering suspension movement, it also caused the passenger door to open on sharp right hand bends, causing some very worried looks on un-suspecting passenger.

Most of the rest are no worse than some of the things I have done to cars when I know i am going to flick them off soon <_<

No way! my old man had a triumph spitfire and the passenger door used to open on sharp right hand bends! was it yellow??

How about removing the race-cell from the boot, leave the power & ground wires live and sparking in the boot??

I was like WTF???

No way! my old man had a triumph spitfire and the passenger door used to open on sharp right hand bends! was it yellow??

Mine was an old english white Mark III back in the UK, I suspect it was a common fault on Spitfires as the chassis used to rust away in several common places. It was a great way to scare passengers though - I'll bet your old man did it on purpose a few times like I did!

White spirits does too. As well as your hands.

White spirits=Turps(turpentine).

I just use Prepsol and a rag… when its clearing up I move onto Turtle Wax Tar & Bug remover, let it soak and then machine cut it.

At the end of the day we can’t really complain what previous owners have done to our cars as they were good enough to buy it for big $$$ and hold on to it for us whilst loosing sh*t loads in depreciation and then sell it to us for cheap.

If we want new we need to buy new, you don’t buy second hand underwear and complain about the stains.

If we want new we need to buy new, you don’t buy second hand underwear and complain about the stains.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: