Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Dumb WOF Question

Hi All

I have smashed one of my fog/driving lights (I had a bit of a 1,500km roadtrip over the weekend) and it is good timing as my WOF expires today.

Am I still able to get a WOF if I remove the foglights completely for the time being (until I get a new one).

Please can I just have an actual factual answer (I want to know for sure), not one that is based purely on speculation.

Cheers

Correct Grant if you remove both lights, as they are auxillary lights.

I have removed mine for the same reason (both broken) and never been asked about it. I now have blanks in the holes but didn't to begin with.

cheers Matt

Funny isn't it, I read into that aswell that if you have auxillary lights then they must work...aswell is be in the correct place.

I saw some lights on Trademe last week that you could've snaffled up

does anyone on here put stick on light skins or protectors on their fog lights??? they seem to be the most commonly f**ked over thing on bmws, I think sparkle has had more smashed foglights than he has stonechips on the front of his car.... he's done like 4 now i think

I saw some lights on Trademe last week that you could've snaffled up

GRRRRR. I saw them too, and thought I should buy them, as this isn't the first time I have smashed one.

Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing.

I have rung 4 different BMW wreckers places this morning, each have said that that are hot property, and they don't have any in stock.

One new one is $245 + GST from BMW.

Also, thanks Matt for your answer, looks like I'll have to do that in the interim.

Cheers

The ph number of the guy with the fogs is 094210897 or 0211625615.

Ring him and see if he still has them. They were F/L fogs.

Hi All

I have smashed one of my fog/driving lights (I had a bit of a 1,500km roadtrip over the weekend) and it is good timing as my WOF expires today.

Am I still able to get a WOF if I remove the foglights completely for the time being (until I get a new one).

Please can I just have an actual factual answer (I want to know for sure), not one that is based purely on speculation.

Cheers

Yes you can remove the lights completely and pass the warrant.

Because when i had some fogs installed and hadn't wired it up and took it down to the warrant place they gave me two options.. one to wire it up and second to take them out... And covering them with something doesn't solve the problem either.. lol.. i asked about that at the time...

Edited by aliluya

The ph number of the guy with the fogs is 094210897 or 0211625615.

Ring him and see if he still has them. They were F/L fogs.

Gidday

No, Roy doesn't have any at the moment.

Cheers

This is abit of a grey area, i have had 1st hand dealing with the testing station over this in my old mans 4x4.

I have been told you can have the fog lights there for decoration only(not working) or as others have said you need them removed if not working, and when they have been disconnected i have had to connect them or remove them. so go figure??? Try ring the LTSA 0800 number and ask them. They are the only people i think know the 100% truth. Not some testing station tester inturptation(sp) on the law.

Grant, have you completely smashed or just cracked the fog lights?

cause i think you can get away with cracked ones

This is abit of a grey area, i have had 1st hand dealing with the testing station over this in my old mans 4x4.

I have been told you can have the fog lights there for decoration only(not working) or as others have said you need them removed if not working, and when they have been disconnected i have had to connect them or remove them. so go figure??? Try ring the LTSA 0800 number and ask them. They are the only people i think know the 100% truth. Not some testing station tester inturptation(sp) on the law.

Cool, I'll call them.

Yup, I have completely smashed it. Must have been a big stone.

Cheers

No .. in the LTSA rule book it said if it's there it HAS to be working ... otherwise you will fail your warrant ....

Otherwise you'd have to remove them ...

For three years, my 2002tii got WOFs no problem, then one day, out of the blue - FAILED "you need park lights sunny". "But sir, six WOFs previously have said otherwise".

I think many WOF people can only handle the stock standard stuff, and get uneasy / unsure / make it up regarding classics, etc.

IMHO

I try to stick to the LTSA licensing places unless getting something done close to WOF time. Similar prob, had an isuzu for several years then one day they failed me for not having a high stop light...bistirds