Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

ethrty so good

photo of the car how it sits right now on my Hartge rims and 55 profiles

Posted Image

H&R Cups going in very soon which will drop the back up to 10mm from present, and the front about 40mm from now so a decent amount of rake. they are a 60/40 set :D

Took photos of the front but the sun was behind the car (as you can see from the photo) so are crap photos. No back drop on it anyway, and only things different from last batch of photos i put up are euro headlight wipers and high output bulbs. We have all seen the front end of a tech2

Will take more when the engine bay is detailed, sitting at its final ride height on all new suspension and ive installed a few more visual items i would like to try to make it stand out :D

edit: if someone could photoshop out my paint defects for me that would be excellent :D hence left photo in hires

kty

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Looks about a billion times better on these rims than those other ones you have. Not a fan of the overly dark tail lights, but it's looking much better. I thought the Hartges were cracked?

Looks about a billion times better on these rims than those other ones you have. Not a fan of the overly dark tail lights, but it's looking much better. I thought the Hartges were cracked?

Yeah i know. hardly anyone likes the black but its how i like and thats all that matters ha. I have two sets of Hartges, 7 good ones and one screwed one. its not cracked, but grooved around the inside from when a brake caliper came loose and flicked up. unsafe and probably uneconomical to repair

edit: if someone could photoshop out my paint defects for me that would be excellent :D hence left photo in hires

kty

Posted Image

Looks good

Looks good Andy, red the tails, clears front and side, lose the roof racks and put some better looking tips on and your on to a winner IMO

Looks nice man, I don't even mind the tails. Got a video of it driving?

Looks mint man, and black tails look awsome I dont know why people dont like them :)

looking good, is it moving by itself yet?

Yeah mate for a few weeks now :D

Looks nice man, I don't even mind the tails. Got a video of it driving?

Been meaning to get one. trouble is me and my flatmates all work different times so noone here to point and shoot. Was going to finish putting the interior back together and then start doing a bit of work on the suspension and such tomorrow but maybe i should get a video of it going first just to proove it does go haha

Just put the camera on your mailbox and rip past

Hey, good to see the wheels on the car, looks good! Any side on pics? Any guard rub with the 55's?

Have you sorted out your coolant leak fault yet Andy ?.... you don't want to end up cooking it after all you've been through with this. M52B28's don't like heat

Just put the camera on your mailbox and rip past

Good idea! didnt even think of that! Though one of my flatmates is home today anyway :D

... now just to talk to the council to get my road closed for 10 minutes

Hey, good to see the wheels on the car, looks good! Any side on pics? Any guard rub with the 55's?

will be in the video. The back doesnt rub at all which im really happy about. i definately didnt want to roll the rear gaurds. only a slight amount of rub in the front on the current suspension when you go over big dips in the road. But car is getting lowered another 40mm or so in the front and adding camber plates so the geometry is quite different now to what it finally will be. if i have to roll the front gaurds i will, but id rather not. thinking i might do it across the whole panel so the it still looks factory, just sticks outa bit more not really sure yet. definately wont be pulling the gaurds though, i HATE that look with a passion

Have you sorted out your coolant leak fault yet Andy ?.... you don't want to end up cooking it after all you've been through with this. M52B28's don't like heat

Yes all sorted out :D good tightening up of the hoses and the thermostat housing and its dissappeared :D

heres a video. noone home to help take it sorry so not the best. had to sit it on the kerb coz the letter box is angled lol

Vid would've been better inside the car no?

Sounds schweet in the beginning though, nice work.

is it still running without the cam sensor working?

Glad you didn't sell it now?

Yep, though its costed more than i expected. definately worth it, but would have considered it for a while longer.

Vid would've been better inside the car no?

Sounds schweet in the beginning though, nice work.

yeah ill do a better video eventually. this will do so y'all know im not a BSer that it goes haha

is it still running without the cam sensor working?

put the M50 sensor in but still on the M52 cams and it makes no difference whether its plugged in or not which is odd from what you were saying to me. it doesnt run rich or lean or anything, im considering just leaving the M52 cams in there for good, unless your sure i will get even more power doing the swap?