Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

(What I think to be) An Insane E39 M5

Project Thread

I particularly like:

-Carbon bonnet, paint fades to raw carbon

-One piece rear bumper & quarter panels

-Paint (House of Color Saphire Kameleon Pearl)

I think my age is showing. As I find that car bloody horrid. Waste of an M5.

Widebody.... ewww.

Shame, it was a nice car in the first few pics. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Would've have stopped at the first picture but with the iforge wheels and Dinan kit.

Ditto to Dan - Hideous & a waste of a perfectly good car. As above though - each to their own

Loved the first job they did on it, but the flaring and kit made my eyes bleed. Really liked the rear bootlip. But the Audio Visual BS in the boot in my opinion is just a pure waste of time & money, I mean, what real practical circumstance would ever require such a thing?

True, there are only certain aspects of it I like. Not a fan of the widebody or AV set-up.

+1 I like the first pics with the CSL boot etc but I've never liked all the sound crap in boots of cars and aftermarket stereos etc. Wide body isn't the best but didn't make my eyes bleed..

Loved the first job they did on it, but the flaring and kit made my eyes bleed. Really liked the rear bootlip. But the Audio Visual BS in the boot in my opinion is just a pure waste of time & money, I mean, what real practical circumstance would ever require such a thing?

+1

I'd pass.

Would rather have a e39 M5 like BMW made it.

I'd pass.

Would rather have a e39 M5 like BMW made it.

Absolutely!

+1 on the wide body

I read the posts saying how people did not like it, then looked at the thread, thought car looked great in first couple of posts, nice ICE upgrades etc.

But then ........ argh .. widebody does not look good to my eyes :huh:

Must be cause I'm Forty in less than a month :D :D

Edited by camera doctor

I read the posts on here and expected to see something completely hideous. I then looked at the car, and thought it wasn't too bad at all.

A little much for my tastes, but not bad at all in my opinion.

Also, I liked the Recaro kids carseat. We have two just like it, although ours are camel and black.

Love what he has done in this picture.

Posted Image

I particularly like:

-Carbon bonnet, paint fades to raw carbon

-One piece rear bumper & quarter panels

-Paint (House of Color Saphire Kameleon Pearl)

Give me your bonnet and $225 i will make it look exactly like that with the fade into carbon fibre and all.

It's easy...........

Posted Image

One piece is all fun and games 'til the bog starts to crack (i give it 9-12 months) and when it does crack i'd be f**ked if i'd want to touch up that that paint :P

Another example of $ can't buy class lol.

I have some level of respect for the amount of work that goes into some of these cars. But I dont understand why people take cars like the m5 or m3 and do this sort of stuff to it? It really does look cheesy and horrid.

The e39 is very hard to mod well as its whole thing is looking understated. The lines of the car just dont support doing extreme things to it.

E46 has some more leeway ont his as the body is more sculped and curvey.

A case of more money than sense and unfortunitly in the states there is a massive culture of cars that are extreme. HIN and the fast and furious generation who haven't quite let go of the fact that the movie francis is dead or just 'not down with the kids' anymore.

Although its definitely not my thing, I appreciate time and effort. But why use an M5? Its just a waste, its not like you'd take show car out on the race track, plain standard 520 would have been good enough for this.

I thought it looked pretty good when it first came out of the shop, i'm not particularly into the wide body and also wonder why Buy a M5 if you are going to put all that ICE in the boot...imo it progressivly got tackier.

Some people like "ICE" and some people like E39s.. I guess, each to their own.

Posted Image

M3 on the right is meeeean.