Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Nasty Cough

Man I've got the nasty cough from hell. Can't laugh, can't exert myself, as once i start coughing it just goes on for ages. When I final can stop I'm sweating like a just run 5km and shaking with sore chest, and sometimes dizzy like I'm about th pass out, thats if i'm not dry reaching over the bathroom sink. Serriously not good.

I got antibiotics on Monday but so far it's still getting worse. Comes with periodid fever and waking up at night soaked with sweat. Shouldn't be the flu as I had the jab this year.

I know 5 people other people who have had it or have it. Anyone else affected?

My tip stay well away from anyone coughing - i caught it from a firend who came skiing with us.

We had swine flu this year, which was nice. Similar symptons, including my partner dislodging the cartilage from her ribs.

Apparently the flu jab would have made minimal difference due to the virus mutating.

Only lasted about 6-8 weeks.

Sounds like your a smoker :P

Ifd only, then i could stop smoking!. When my dad had sheep on the far that coughed like this he always killed them and used them as dog feed. Gald I'm not a sheep

We had swine flu this year, which was nice. Similar symptons, including my partner dislodging the cartilage from her ribs.

Apparently the flu jab would have made minimal difference due to the virus mutating.

Only lasted about 6-8 weeks.

:huh: that doesn't sound too good - thats got to make the eyes water - easpcially coughing after she dislodged the cartilige. I also didn't like the part about it lasting 6-8 weeks!

Been through my family, even once you feel alright the cough hangs round for weeks. (even the no-smokers)

most kids seem to have the sniffles and a nice phlegmy cough. get well soon, maybe its the season change. :unsure:

If you are getting night sweats, get a chest X-ray. Suggest you send your sputum for a culture.

Happy to get a PM for more advice. I work for the respiratory department at Waikato.

Ps: flu this year has been exclusively swine flu H1N1. No failures from flu vaccinations reported as yet.

I had the swine flu last year, according to the doc, now I seem to have swine flu Mk2, am just getting over it now 7 days later. Been around about 6 guys at work, one ditches it and then someone else picks it up...

One thing that seems odd about this "batch" is that you get the hell croaky voice, sound like a $2 hooker for a few days...

Edited by Jacko