Sign in to follow this  
hamiltonjapan

What's your take on LED lights ?

Those look severely rank to me... but each to their own.

Many of the new Euro cars are coming out with LED brake lights, with varying brightness depending on how hard the driver brakes. The genuine ones look good I reckon.

If they were the same shape they'd be alright since they actually work better, nothing annoys me more than a brake light not working...I personally wouldn't waste a cent on changing my lights, that's money that can be spent on some racing rims instead <_<

I've seen them around. I think they look good where they are used in a traditionally-styled light. When used in clears or smoked lenses, they look crap, but in standard lenses I think they look good.

That version has unfortunitly the red 'boarder' around it .. they are currently the only company making LED tail lights for the sedan :/

LED's look fantastic .. but you need to make sure you mate them to the right boot inner lights else you can have colour difference.

Its not really the latest look from japan... the japs as usual copied the euros ... all new high end euros come with them ...

They have fantastic properties, having a clean solid light instead of a diffused glow. They are brighter without being glarey. Safer in fog and rain.

I've seen them around. I think they look good where they are used in a traditionally-styled light. When used in clears or smoked lenses, they look crap, but in standard lenses I think they look good.

That's what my dyslexic, complicated mind was trying to communicate.

Keep the original shape and lenses and they'd be good. In fact, since they're brighter they'd be perfect for Tim's blacked out lenses as you cannot see his current lamps light up at all!!!

danny from cyber made custom led rear tails years ago now.

looked ok. but not my taste

They look good on the BMW's that are coming out at the moment, ya know the ones with brake force display and shiz like that.

I like seeing cars with white (no not clear or boy racer) indicators, front, rear and repeaters. Also smoked brake lights look wicked on E30'S.

Each to their own, do what you want, its your car :thumb:

Edited by BMW POWER

My brothers car has the LED brake lights and so does my old man ...

Those led lights have been optional in the E46 for a few years already ..

But do you have them for the compact ?? Would be interesting to see if you do have some ..

they only float my boat on trucks. where they look tits.

Yeah .. some of those trucks that are on the roads now looks really awesome !!!!

Yeah .. some of those trucks that are on the roads now looks really awesome !!!!

And on boat trailers....

I think the LED's look nice and are practical. I'm sure the designs/styling will improve, and they only suit the latest cars.

I'm noticing that in the camping supplies we distribute all the outdoor lighting is moving towards white LED's due to the size, light intensity and most importantly low power consumption.

i have driven some cool ones.

dials and guages for africa, arr heaven

plue room for a bed to pic up sexy hitch hikers and shag them on the job whiel ur getting paid.

anyway....getting back

tim.... get your hand off it man, ew...

hah, must be diggin on those american trucks??

old man's been drivin a 580hp scania for a bit, spins up all 4 driving wheels fully load on wet roads uphill.. had to swap into a freightliner of the same vintage today, not lovin it..

go american sh*t!!! :huh:

B) Here's a set, from china, on a e46 coupe.. I don't know if any aftermarket facotries produce them for the compact (e46).. These don't have the red rims.

post-2-1112121235.jpg

Edited by Gus

B) Here's a set, from china, on a e46 coupe.. I don't know if any aftermarket facotries produce them for the compact (e46).. These don't have the red rims.

Wow .. large pic .. hah .. couldn't even get it all in one screen ..

those ones looks exactly the same as the factory ones ....

Sad that there isn't one for the compact .... if you ever do find one please notify me ....

i dont think they look too bad, but cars that originally came with LED lights always look better and as ryan said they do only really suit new cars

Hmmm What is more commonly called the CSL look as i believe that the CSL was the first e46 to come with LEDs standard.

T

he OEM LEDs will fit most coupes pending on year and can be sourced from you local dealer, installation is a piece of cake but once again depending on the year of car the dealer may have to re- set the light module.

You can obtain very very very good copies for the coupes so much so that they are more plug and play without the need of dealer assistance what so ever. With the legal 2% difference you cant even tell between some copies and OEM kits.

The saloons do not have an OEM LED and the copies only come with LED for the driving lights and brakes leaving the indicator as a standard bulb.

Hope that helps alittle...

I am looking into these... but they arent cheap.