post-3151-1288653108.jpg

post-3151-1288653144.jpg

post-3151-1288653627.jpg

Edited by BmwolfJR

our rocket launcher ignition switch is now wired in and the new gauges set up

A stainless steel thick wall fuel line was made and fitted

post-3151-1288659232.jpg

post-3151-1288659278.jpg

Am I seeing that right? Is that a solid stainless fuel line?

Nice rims and more pictures of pure awesome-ness.

What are the plans for the outside of the car, something subtle and understated like this..

post-2707-1288672389.jpg

Nice rims and more pictures of pure awesome-ness.

What are the plans for the outside of the car, something subtle and understated like this..

LOL thats dads desktop , Fjunior is the dream but i think it will be more like this

post-3151-1288677964.jpg

Edited by BmwolfJR

Am I seeing that right? Is that a solid stainless fuel line?

Almost, the fuel line is made from 12mm 16 Gauge 316 seamless stainless steel tube with one High impact pressure joint just as it goes through the rear fire wall.It was not possible to make the entire length with all the bends in one piece and fit it in the car. However you could pound it with a 14 pound sledge hammer and not compromise the tube or the joint.

W

Almost, the fuel line is made from 12mm 16 Gauge 316 seamless stainless steel tube with one High impact pressure joint just as it goes through the rear fire wall.It was not possible to make the entire length with all the bends in one piece and fit it in the car. However you could pound it with a 14 pound sledge hammer and not compromise the tube or the joint.

W

Ah ok, got to admit my first thoughts were, what was the fatigue life going to be in a vibrating enviroment and what happens in an accident.

Awesome build!

:D I know someone who has a set of green wheels exactly the same. Is that where you got your idea from? and whats with the "wolf" bit, someone told me you were a bit of a chihuahua.

:D I know someone who has a set of green wheels exactly the same. Is that where you got your idea from? and whats with the "wolf" bit, someone told me you were a bit of a chihuahua.

Hi bro, as I remember I paid to ship the car for you so you could have the wheels, as for small dogs I'll put mine against yours any day. By the way you no longer belong on this forum as you now drive a mini. (but not a real one)

W

^Enough talk the mini is at the moment faster so give us some more pics of the paint job on the car and an update on the press to start date. will the car have a key start or a BMW press button start, Knowing how fussy you are, cutting a hole for the press start button will lighten the car.

hello

so as keen alluded the car just came back form paint and its white (should have been black but i lost that argument) but i have to say new paint look VERY NICE

As for the key start it is a rocket launcher switch which means flip switch up, car on, push button, car start no key needed

post-3151-1289190641.jpg

post-3151-1289190663.jpg

post-3151-1289190683.jpg

:o Hey ! you forgot to get the painter to paint white over the gold around the lights, do you need some help up there? You appear to be slipping.Try not to rush this you are nearly there, whats a few more days after 7 years.

The work on the stainless steel exhaust pipe has begun it will mimic the steel one

And with the ceramic coated headers it should help move some heat

post-3151-1289264622.jpg

post-3151-1289264673.jpg

And with the ceramic coated headers it should help move some heat

I'm surprised you are running with these headers, even with the ceramic coating, rather than an extractor set-up. Do these e21(?) headers flow well as standard?

Where did you get them coated?

Also would like to know why your using that exhaust manifold. Is it a bit cramped in there

arnt they e30 ex manifolds?

:o Hey ! you forgot to get the painter to paint white over the gold around the lights, do you need some help up there? You appear to be slipping.Try not to rush this you are nearly there, whats a few more days after 7 years.

Yes we could use some help. why don't you jump in your wife's car (a BMW) and come up for a week and give us a hand. you probably would not get here in your counterfeit mini. I will give your all the instruction you need when you get here.

W

I'm surprised you are running with these headers, even with the ceramic coating, rather than an extractor set-up. Do these e21(?) headers flow well as standard?

I did a lot of research on the US forums where M20 engines are popular, and found that a well flowed and matched standard system was very hard to beat, in terms of performance. Mclaren and others spent a lot of dollars trying to up the performance of the M20 and only succeeded with small gains with there headers.

A good web site is www.headersbyed.com

We will probably build a stainless system at some time in the future but for now this will do.

W

arnt they e30 ex manifolds?

You could be right, but they came off the E21 323i that we have, maybe they also are on the E30 323i version.

You'd Probably know.

W

Where did you get them coated?

Also would like to know why your using that exhaust manifold. Is it a bit cramped in there

They were coated @ Procoat in Auckland, www.procoat.co.nz

W

I can't wait to hear a video of this thing running.

Good luck with the wiring in pic 2 :D

Edited by AJ_D