Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Pickapart hunting

wish we had pickaparts down south here, afew people seem to score some bargins/good finds

3 hardcore hours in the hot sun an minimal tools thank u 525e for giving us a mint block

that bloody auto box was , how to put it, a nut sack, compared to the manual one.

Ahhh pickapart. What you save in money you waste in time and the unknown condition of the parts you pull off. Occasionaly you get lucky and find a real score.

Use to go there and pull out the R200 diffs out of everything. Paid $45 for them. Sold them for $250.

yeah i dont buy mechanical/high value sh*t from there for that reason, except i couldnt say no to a $70 E30 LSD worth ten times that ha

Seen that one in tga. been there for ages.

All the good stuff never lasts long.

Use to go there and pull out the R200 diffs out of everything. Paid $45 for them. Sold them for $250.

that'll be why I could never find one when I had my datsun lol

my mate found a lsd diff for his 1980 mitsi lancer ... the diff is out of some 4x4 delica I think it was

pretty random find, handy if you know your stuff and what random as models came with the good stuff

3-5 weeks un touched bar the rear tail lights being taken. o well its in my shed now awaiting some time to put it together with a nice head an put into a pfl edirty :D o an yea motor has been rebuilt. has hone marks still in bore an no lipping of the top of the bore. i wouldnt have expected that with the odo reading of the car 600,000 miles! :o