Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

new years...

I did coro last year, was awesome, sprained ankle that night so bad my whole lower leg was bruised black, good thing I didn't know about it til the next morning :P

Haha sounds like a good night to me!

Anyone know somewhere to stay near whitianga? A group of us are wanting somewhere (anywhere) to sleep for the 27th-31st untill the coro camp ground opens.

Anywhere will do, a bach, a carpark, somewhere to pitch a tent/sleep in cars.

There'd be 10-20 of us :ph34r: (if theres room)

I stayed at a place in Hahei last year, theres a bus that takes you to the ferry and across to a 2nd bus that drops you at coro gold, you have to buy tickets for that though.

Could be worth looking in to?

I stayed at a place in Hahei last year, theres a bus that takes you to the ferry and across to a 2nd bus that drops you at coro gold, you have to buy tickets for that though.

Could be worth looking in to?

Do you have a link?

We have tickets for the 'waterways camp' for the nights of the 31st and 1st, so I don't need the transport to coro.

Just wanting somewhere to stay before hand, cause 1 or 2 nights isn't enough!

We were with Akl girls so we needed a bathroom and electricity <_<

Tatahi Lodge

Edited by Blackie

Getting married and going to Vanuatu for a few week, hope it’s ok, don’t know anything about the place, just booked blind.

Not sure, just fishing for advice and looking on wat-if for deals, can’t wait… just gotta convince the wife to be that I need to take the PS3 and GT5 in case it rains.

Getting married and going to Vanuatu for a few week, hope it’s ok, don’t know anything about the place, just booked blind.

My flatmate was raised in vanuatu, shoot me some questions in a PM and I'll get him to give you some insider knowledge about the place and secret spots to get yourself away from all the other the tourists if you want.

Edited by Blackie

working since new years eve isn't a public holiday

so probably not a lot lol

Worked in a bar on NYE last year, was very fun.

This year? Sydney maybe, or Phat.

Working a job full-time from 22nd November to Christmas, along with 2 other side jobs with flexible hours to pay for a trip to the Gold Coast for a week over new years with my 2 best mates :)

Not sure, just fishing for advice and looking on wat-if for deals, can’t wait… just gotta convince the wife to be that I need to take the PS3 and GT5 in case it rains.

ROFL!~

I predict this -

Sasha, I tented here last summer, millions of lots to pitch a tent, their facitlities were upgraded fairly recently so were nice and tidy etc, 200m from the beach. Cheap as too

http://www.hotwaterbeachholidaypark.com/

Sweet cheers I'll look into it

We were with Akl girls so we needed a bathroom and electricity <_<

Tatahi Lodge

Haha yeah, we are with auckland girls too (my missus included) but maybe its time for them to experience the great outdoors!

I'll look into that one too, Cheers Lucan & Nathan

Oh and Congrats Graham B)

EDIT: Typing fail

Edited by sascha

corogold ... and plenty of diving in the coromandel

Guest Simon*

I've stayed at Le Meridien and Le Legon (now Crowne Plaza I think) in Vila - they're both pretty good. Most people I've talked to recommend staying out at one of the outer island resorts though where's there better diving and clearer water.

Port Vila is not anything you'd miss - no need to have it on your itinerary. No shopping and nothing really to see. A visit to the supermarket might be the only thing you'd want to consider.

Will be in Cancun Mexico!! all the corona i can drink!!

Been there, done this! Cancun is great but have to recommend you also get down the coast to Playa del Carmen and maybe even further too, like Tulum. Make sure you go to Chichen Itza, and preferably get there early in the morning before the umpteen busloads of fat Americans turn up. The place is amazing.

They have a saying down there too, "What's the difference between Miami and Cancun? There's more Americans in Cancun" ;)

You'll have a fabulous time Lukas - I'd love to go back someday

Been there, done this! Cancun is great but have to recommend you also get down the coast to Playa del Carmen and maybe even further too, like Tulum. Make sure you go to Chichen Itza, and preferably get there early in the morning before the umpteen busloads of fat Americans turn up. The place is amazing.

They have a saying down there too, "What's the difference between Miami and Cancun? There's more Americans in Cancun" ;)

You'll have a fabulous time Lukas - I'd love to go back someday

Been to the Yucatan Peninsula aswell, Chichen Itza would have to be one of the most places things in the world. Especially when you climb to the top and you can see for miles over the rainforest. Tulum is amazing aswell and a lot less touristy than Cancun if thats your thing. If your doing Chichen Itza you may aswell do Uxmal aswell. Both amazing places. Anyway back on topic...

Edited by AJ_D

Guest Simon*

How's your Spanish now AJ? ;)

I'm going to Barcelona later in Jan as well - haven't been before so highlights would be???

I am becoming fluent but learning 2 lanugages in one year isn't easy. Catalan is a completely different language. Highlights of the city or the year?

I love Barcelona though, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I will PM you with details on where to go, what to do and where to stay Simon.

Edited by AJ_D

Will be putting in big hours all through december over the busy time of the year (retial industry sucks lol), then will take some time off in january when the part timers realise they spent all thier savings on piss/drugs and want more hours lol.

havent decided if im going to vietnam/thailand etc or germany or somewhere else entirely yet. hoping to take a month off, i havent taken a holiday of more than a few days since i started