Sign in to follow this  
simke

No more free CarJam reports

I'm sure many of you have seen this on their website -

NZ Transport Agency is stopping the provision of the free information.

No more free CarJam reports from 1st January 2011.

We will prepare a full media release later this week.

The free ones pretty much useless anyway if you're looking to buy.

But..........fkg typical

Dam, so poor carjam will be kicked to the kerb and more than likely go under because it probably relies on advertising as it's main form of income?? It's a great resource in my opinion.

that sucks the kumra soooooo bad.

I use carjam all the bloody time (dicks!!!!)

That's sh*t!

Although they aren't that usefull if you really want to buy it, but it's always a good way to do a quick check if a car is dodgey before you spend money on getting it checked properly.

Some more info HERE

This is stupid, I reckon VIR has something to do with this, typical monopoly situation just like plates.co.nz

Minimum donation $2

I was too lazy to read it all, but it had said my signature had been registered then went to the donation page.

car Jam was handy the other day, for example I sent the E39 down for a WOF and had someone turn up here that could give me a ride to the garage to collect it. Instead of ringing which he is hard to get hold of I car jammed it and sore the WOF had been issued (real time), so away I went.

I use carjam to check my rego / warrant when I cbf going outside to look.

Im happy no one can look my cars details up, too many fags with no life looking up cars just being nosy parkers, see it on here all the time.

Im more than happy to pay to have a car checked if I genuinely want to buy it.

I quite like using it to find out what make / model / year a particular car is that I'm unsure about

If i'm thinking correctly and the car you are looking up's owner has opted out...even if you pay for a report you will get no info on the car...which would mean less and less free or paid for info on the websites.

Either way, it is a shame that beaurocratical nonsense will once again prevail.

I quite like using it to find out what make / model / year a particular car is that I'm unsure about

Yeah that's what I quite often use it for. Very handy, not necessarily for nosying about..

If i'm thinking correctly and the car you are looking up's owner has opted out...even if you pay for a report you will get no info on the car...which would mean less and less free or paid for info on the websites.

Either way, it is a shame that beaurocratical nonsense will once again prevail.

Nah I think its different to what you are thinking. Your thinking of the thing where you can go to the post office, pay your $3 and see the address the car is registered at?

Nah I think its different to what you are thinking. Your thinking of the thing where you can go to the post office, pay your $3 and see the address the car is registered at?

Isn't that somewhat of a safety breach say if somebody went road rage at a driver then decided to find out where they live and take it further (in the opposite direction of legally?)

Isn't that somewhat of a safety breach say if somebody went road rage at a driver then decided to find out where they live and take it further (in the opposite direction of legally?)

I dunno, I guess it can be used both ways.

I used it when I was assaulted by 3 people from a car and the cops didnt do anything about it, got their number plate and found out where the car was registered to.

You can opt out of it anyway.

yea I put both my car and my licence under my po box address

same in the white pages too

a little paranoid lol

Im happy no one can look my cars details up, too many people with no life looking up cars just being nosy parkers, see it on here all the time.

Agree

Im happy no one can look my cars details up, too many fags with no life looking up cars just being nosy parkers, see it on here all the time.

Like Nath, I agree with Graham as well.

How does it hurt you? Doesn't provide any personal details. So what if someone looks up your "m3" to see if it's actually a 318iA. No-one gives a sh*t.