Sign in to follow this  
slippity_slip

mmmmmm.... E34

Here she is, my baby.

1991 525i E34.

It's had lots of exciting little things done to it.

Here you can see the clear indicators and flashers, and you can also see the grill has been backened out.

Posted Image

Next we have the rear.

Also has clear indicators, and also has those extra red bits that fit in behind the number plate (i have no idea what they are called, they came with the car)

It also has a ///M badge... This is NOT an ME34!!! Previous owner must have liked decieving people. Not that i don't mind it either....

Posted Image

dude im liking ur car, nice n clean!

not diggin the angel eyes tho sorry, look pretty rangi! IMO

lol, the Angel eyes aren't from my car. (though i personally wish they were!!)

Heres a side shot. The mags are genuine M3 mags, so had to get spacers put in and get the job certified. (once again, thanks to the previous owner).

Posted Image

That's a very tidy ride you've got there. I'd just lower it a little, would look good and handle a bit better.

:thumb:

That's a very tidy ride you've got there. I'd just lower it a little, would look good and handle a bit better.

:thumb:

sounds like a good idea. Might take a wee while though. no monies!! :(

lol, the Angel eyes aren't from my car. (though i personally wish they were!!)

Heres a side shot. The mags are genuine M3 mags, so had to get spacers put in and get the job certified. (once again, thanks to the previous owner).

Posted Image

Very tidy looking E34.

They don't look like 18's & are the wrong colour for OE M3 wheels.

The fronts should be 18x8" et47 (you would need 1" spacers for those puppies)

The rears should be 18x9" et26 (which would only need small 5-10mm spacers)

They don't look like 18's & are the wrong colour for OE M3 wheels

uh ohhh :o

This is just what i was told by previous owner. They 17" jobs.

Came of an M3 that was damaged in the flooding up North somewhere. They guy took em off before the insurance company got to it.

The front wheels have spacers, yeah, about an inch or so, but the back didn't need em apparently.

I like it - new acquisition? What sort of money did you pay if you don't mind me asking as I am trying to decide what to upgrade to (E30 M325i, E34 525i or E36 325i). PM me if you don't want the world to know.

I agree you should lower it ever so slightly, and although they look really good, I would prefer different wheels.

Yeah, only got it a month or two ago. So now ofcourse, i'm broke :(

You can pick these up on trade me for anywhere between $6 and $10,000.

This one cost me just over $8,000.

Just been doing a little research... looks like these wheels are off a M5... does that make more sense to anybody?

This is just what i was told by previous owner. They 17" jobs.

Came of an M3 that was damaged in the flooding up North somewhere. They guy took em off before the insurance company got to it.

The front wheels have spacers, yeah, about an inch or so, but the back didn't need em apparently.

They are replica's I'm sorry to say.

Still nice wheels though.

They will be E36 fitment (et42 'ish) and 7.5" or 8" wide.

As you said they fit the rear without spacers but you can see the rear wheels are tucked a long way under the guards.

Posted Image

If I were you given the brake shimmy, I'd sell those wheels to someone with a E36/46 and get some in the correct fitment, those wheels do come in a E34 offset if you like the style.

Genuine or not those are the older m3 wheels.

Not older at all, they are the standard 18's, the 19's are an option!!

Nice looking car! They are definitely not M5 wheels. Genuuine M 3 or 5 wheels are at least $2k per wheel.

Is it manual?

If they are 17"x8" wheels. Brent will suggest 235 fronts and 255 rears. Says it handles heaps better.

I might try it on my next lot of tires. Take it up to Ruapuna for the next driver day they have there and stretch it's legs.

Nice E34... :)

Have also seen an M3 around with only 17"s as well for those wondering about it. Doesn't look right though... gotta have the 18" babies!!!!!

very nice car,looks like you have the mtech front lip too,i like the colour!!!The wheels definetly aint off any 5 series,no spacers required,from what i have heard e34s and 18s dont work together,only the late m5 came with 18s.....and i think they have different suspension than the std e34.Is the car NZ new or an import?auto or manual

very nice car,looks like you have the mtech front lip too,i like the colour!!!The wheels definetly aint off any 5 series,no spacers required,from what i have heard e34s and 18s dont work together,only the late m5 came with 18s.....and i think they have different suspension than the std e34.Is the car NZ new or an import?auto or manual

18's are fine on a E34.

The later M5's may have had stiffer shocks/springs but the geometry & chassis are the same so there is no reason why they won't work!!

Sam: Remember what clean wheels look like!!!!

post-9-1112737340.jpg

Dayum I'd also forgotten what a clean car looks like!! must clean it this weekend then. Poor thing.

18s work fine on E34, Paul don't listen to anything the Americans or British say, they seem to like a very cushy ride..... mine has the 18s, Konis and Eibachs and rides really well.