Sign in to follow this  
thorburn

Converting to adjustable coilovers

I'm plannning on selling off the m3 H&R sport springs to be replaced with a coilover sleeve kit.

Currently the idea is to get a coilover conversion kit through ground control. As seen here:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/produc...p/II=563/CA=246

1. Are there any products in New Zealand that are more affordable with the same quality?

I've enquired with stocks and autolign so far.After it's all been added up they come to about the same price as the ground control setup.

2. Can anyone recommend anyone for welding up the front struts?

3. Is their anything about the ground control kit that might make it hard for me to get a cert?

4. If you don't have keeper springs do you need to compress the spring to raise the height anything above its lowest position?

Any help would be much appreciated

James

PM'd

Have some V-Maxx to clear

Do you have any more information on the v-max coilovers?

From what I have seen I don't think they are what I am after. I'd prefer to have shocks with the sway bar links on them. They seem to be a more form>function setup. I get this impression just from the lack of information shared on their website.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. They're a very good price though.

Edited by bbs

Try Chris at SuspensionTech he'll be able to do anything from welding the front struts to building the complete package and he should be cheeper than Autolign (tell him Quinn said he'd be cheeper :) ). His number is 027 214 5325. He's based in Auckland. He specializes in Bilsteins so you'll be getting the good stuff.

Do you have any more information on the v-max coilovers?

From what I have seen I don't think they are what I am after. I'd prefer to have shocks with the sway bar links on them. They seem to be a more form>function setup. I get this impression just from the lack of information shared on their website.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. They're a very good price though.

We run then daily in our work skoda, 450nm goes to the wheels in that beast. We give them sh*t day in and day out and have had no issues. They are designed for road use with a few track days thrown in, some sets out there have stupidly high spring rates and you wouldnt want them if you are 90% on road use.

There are many sets out there and no complaints or issues so far, mainly vw's.

Hey Hans. Got any V-Max for the E46 CI?

Hey Hans. Got any V-Max for the E46 CI?

Not in nz, but have an order going in on tuesday. So will in 2 weeks if anyone wants a set.

Will also have some nice vw turbo kits here soon :D

bb,s if you end up getting something custom made by Chris, let us know the details/pricing.

Could be keen, although that link you provided above to the Gc stuff looks good.

Yea Chris is a good guy, I've had him build two complete setups for my race cars and more than that for my road cars over the years, plus he's built setups for about 4 of my mates. Never had any complaints and any small issues he's been more than happy to sort out.

Highly recommended in my books.

Happy to help.

Quinn

bb,s if you end up getting something custom made by Chris, let us know the details/pricing.

Could be keen, although that link you provided above to the Gc stuff looks good.