Sign in to follow this  
sexy beast

Just Joined...

Hi All,

Just got the chance to come online for the first time and introduce myself.

Bit about me...guess like everyone here, am a very keen BMW convert. What can i say, just one word in my dictionary can describe these machines...PERFECT!

Bit about my ride...1990 Diamond Black E34 535i Hartge, manual of course. Will see if i can upload pics...first time driving this website.

Would love to answer any questions...as i know i will be asking far more in the future.

Thanks all for reading this post...my first one ever here.

Edited by sexy beast

Welcome Shamir,

Waiting on pictures of the E34...

hey sexy beast. its funny how your intro says just joined but you joined on my birthday a few months back

:D haha...very well picked up. Yes, I actually did join up in few months back but due to commitments i wasnt able to log in and say hi. My sincere apologies.

Hey, would you know why i cant upload any pics...everytime it uploads it ends with an error saying i dont have permission etc...bit confusing. Ive sent a message to Mr Admin but no reply yet...waiting waiting.... :rolleyes:

Images will only upload if they are up to or under 800p in width

Thanks guys for the excellent tips...heres one pic now...will add more soon.

post-6095-1291857320.jpg

post-6095-1291858288.jpg

post-6095-1291858303.jpg

Edited by sexy beast

welcome that car has been here before....

Well observed. Yes it was owned by another BS member a while back (Brent). He sold it a few years ago and then this year in April i saw it on trademe but missed bidding on it. So after much searching i found the last owner and bought it off him in July. All the work thats been done on the car was done by Brent...from the Hartge motor to the manual box to the LSD diff, Mtech extras to the interior and Hartge kit to the exterior. And since ive had it, ive only changed the front and side amber indicators to clear ones. But looking forward to more subtle mods in future...and start with a chipped computer under the hood and strap a turbo later on.

Thanks all for your kind words of welcome. i definitely am feeling much love here :D

A question: Has anyone ever fit an E39 set of wheels to the E34. I had a search and found this info:

http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Wheels

Ive seen a set of nice wheels and they are 19" but not sure what width. ET is 20. And also there is this info on it 19x91/2JJ. What does this mean? All the wheels have 275 x 30 low profile tires on them.

Any advise as to if these are suitable for the E34 and if it will compromise the handling in anyway and also if its too wide?

Appreciate all your comments and learning alot. Thanks.

Ive seen a set of nice wheels and they are 19" but not sure what width. ET is 20. And also there is this info on it 19x91/2JJ. What does this mean? All the wheels have 275 x 30 low profile tires on them.

19" x 9.5" is what that means.

Im pretty sure you'll only need HC rings to fit E39 wheels to an E34...

Thanks all for your kind words of welcome. i definitely am feeling much love here :D

Any advise as to if these are suitable for the E34 and if it will compromise the handling in anyway and also if its too wide?

Appreciate all your comments and learning alot. Thanks.

As Lucan said the 19x91/2jj is the diameter and width of the wheel. It is a 19 x 9.5". To be honest I think you will struggle to fit a 9.5" wide rim under the front of an E34 and on 275's it will probably tramline and steer horribly all over the place.

You can run E39 wheels on an E34 but you will need hubcentric or locating rings. We have them availabel if you need

cheers

Johno

Thank you gentleman for the kind advise.

Yea when i first went to see the wheels i was under the impression that they were staggered but i found out that they were not...yea 9.5" is probably to wide for the front.

Good advise guys...appreciate it.

Have a good weekend and ride on...cheers.

awesome looking car you have there

you will love this website, so many very helpful and knowledgeable members on here

awesome looking car you have there

you will love this website, so many very helpful and knowledgeable members on here

Thank you Sir.

Yea i will second that.