Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

My Hell Red Beast

Hi guys,

This is my E31 840 ci sport. NZ new, registered in 98, 4.4 M62 V8. 6 Speed manual, one of three in manuals in RHD ever made with the M62 (the other two are in the UK) and the last manual built. Factory Motorsport specifications with M body-kit. 51,000 kms on the clock. There is a file that you can open below that has a photo of the interior. Compeletely original including car phone.

post-2653-1294647533.jpg

post-2653-1294647689.jpg

interior5050.bmp

Edited by ssbmw

nice car .

wouldn't mind one of these

was that the one owned by gerry hodges(bmw nz club president) a few years back??

nice car .

wouldn't mind one of these

was that the one owned by gerry hodges(bmw nz club president) a few years back??

Hi Brent,

Over the years Gerry's old car and this one have been continually mixed up as they are virtually identical in appearance. His car was sold for the 1st time in 99' and as a consequence people often thought of his car as a 4.4. His car was actually a 95' build. However that car was an individual with red and black seats and red head-lining. Mine is all black inside.

Amazing! that colour and those wheels are beautiful!

I bet manual is an absolute treat to drive :)

On another look imagine the value of that in 15-20 years. Considering it's rareity and k's and conition, hate to think what it's worth now let alone.

Beautiful car! A bit off-topic though, what wheels are these?

Holy Crap!

Beautiful car mate! I love the ol' 8s and the wheels are BMW Style 5s 18inch by the looks of it.

Very cool.

Beautiful car! A bit off-topic though, what wheels are these?

BBS Style 5's?

On another look imagine the value of that in 15-20 years. Considering it's rareity and k's and conition, hate to think what it's worth now let alone.

Cheers mate. I have always had a thing for the big BM coupe's and being a 80's boy, was originally infatuated with the 6's. Living in Germany in the 90's and staying with people who had a E34 M4 and E30 M3, the passion for BMW's started to grow.

For many, the lighter coupes like the M3's are the epitomy. I am a little different - I have always liked the big coupes that are not as quick but are rarer, and in my world, look pretty cool.

Saying that, this 8 goes OK- marginally slower than a E34 540is due to the weight, but still fun.

BBS Style 5's?

ooops my bad, didn't notice the bolts first...:)

Immaculate as always SS. I am guessing these pictures must have been taken on a Sunday.