Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

What to get next...

For what I paid for that ML mate, I can drive it for 6 months and know I'll get what I paid for it.

I don't understand this - you are buying it today for the market price (you are the market - not the dude's asking price). Unless you expect the value of all MLs to be static for 6 months, you should expect the price to go down.

. . .

Personally I dont know why you dont buy a run of the mill hilux for the weekend away stuff and towing. And get yourself the car you've always been wanting for everything else.

That way you dont have to worry about resale and compromise.

Finally some common sense... and you can't kill a Hilux/Surf/Prado :)

A 535d is like 80k + lol

I'd prefer a 335d personally, that 330d I drove today was gob smacking.

there was a 100 k one on tm for 50 ish...I know what you mean about the 320d and 330d.The little 120d has a very nice shove in the back if you hold down the pedal for a bit and it can rocket out of the corners

. . .

Personally I dont know why you dont buy a run of the mill hilux for the weekend away stuff and towing. And get yourself the car you've always been wanting for everything else.

That way you dont have to worry about resale and compromise.

I would agree!

I don't understand this - you are buying it today for the market price (you are the market - not the dude's asking price). Unless you expect the value of all MLs to be static for 6 months, you should expect the price to go down.

Because I'm paying 40k for it, the cheapest one in the south island is 65k and it's done 120km! That's a big difference no one could ignore.

Because I'm paying 40k for it, the cheapest one in the south island is 65k and it's done 120km! That's a big difference no one could ignore.

Sounds Good, GL hope the prepurchase comes out clean!

Edited by Matt45

Sorry to say that I have to agree with Cam here. How many of those ML's are selling in the South Island at those prices? If you are buying from the North Island, won't other prospective ML buyers do the same?

Not having a dig - but just offering another perspective :)

Edited by zenetti

Sorry to say that I have to agree with Cam here. How many of those ML's are selling in the South Island? And if you are buying from the North Island, won't other prospective ML buyers do the same?

Not having a dig - but just offering another perspective :)

The cheapest is an import petrol, IMO you can't compare a diesel to petrol & an import with 143km lol

Here's a list of ML's Mercedes Benz SUV/4WD search post 2005

Still a 25k difference though, maybe not six months, my normal 3 months, if I did loose on it it would be minimal, There's few of them around in the south island, it's a location thing, many people can't be bothered with the 2000km trip nor can be bothered with buying something site unseen. It's the cheapest ML by a longshot in the country & providing it checks out as being ok by Coutts Merk it will be in my driveway early next week!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

still 'orrible though.

LOL yeah but IMO so is an old skool Mazda :P

.......It's the cheapest ML by a longshot in the country & providing it checks out as being ok by Coutts Merk it will be in my driveway early next week!

Good luck, will be interesting to hear what you think of it. I almost bought one before getting the P car.

Quite surprising the cheapest one is $65k, the dealer must be on P.

Impulse buy much?

I just dropped 6k on my new MTB, even though i have another 2 sitting in the garage, and i am constantly justifying it to myself too..

You seem pretty set on it, hope it goes well and seems like a good deal.

I agree with what you said Cam about whatever the buyer pays being market price

However I think Clinton did in fact get a bargain at $40k will get his money back (and then some) in 6 months time.

The owner obviously needed/wanted a quick sale, hence he let it go for $10k less than initial asking price.

As much as I don't like these, that is very good buying at 40k.

I agree with what you said Cam about whatever the buyer pays being market price

However I think Clinton did in fact get a bargain at $40k will get his money back (and then some) in 6 months time.

The owner obviously needed/wanted a quick sale, hence he let it go for $10k less than initial asking price.

As much as I don't like these, that is very good buying at 40k.

Cheers mate, not every car is everyone's cup of tea. Even the dealer was blown away at the price I've paid. When I said 40 he said it must have been a low mileage previous shape. he said there has to be something wrong with it, but we'll see after the inspection on Thursday. The owner said they wanted it gone, they've replaced both directors cars and the vehicle owes them little on the books with devaluation.

Hmmmm!

Did anyone checkout that 330d link I posted a few posts ago lastnight? I'm 100% sure they had 56,990 on the 330d silver. It's now 59,990...

The reason I question this is because I asked for a price with the car with a factory towball/bar they came back at me this morning with 62500!

This post HERE

Edited by The Diesel Guy