Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

What to get next...

99% sure my X5 has sold, deposit is coming in tomorrow, so now I'm left with what to get next. Unfortnatley I'm not going E70 as they are just a bit too far out of this 29 year olds price range for now, can get a 3.0i petrol for 70 and that would make me cry... I'm spending 50k on a new SUV, would prefer a Euro, so your task is to find me something! Petrol/Diesel doesn't matter so much anymore because this car will be used only for trips and personal use as I will be buying a work car just for work!

To start the ball rolling, I found this nice looking ML320 CDI

I'm also looking for a 3 series E36/E46 but must not be more than 10k for work, prefer 4 cylinder.

I, err, understand you really like E53s and owned one for quite some time (in a manner of speaking). Have you considered one of them?

I'll let you in on a little secret.......don't buy a 3.0i, promise me.

I'm sure there will be some cheapish E70 pre LCIs coming up, considering the new diesel engine coming out this year.

Don't know a hell of a lot about MLs.

Nice Motorsport E46 would be cool, M43 manual with kit and seats etc. Anything you get you'll proberly miss the diesel.

So you've sold the X5 to buy the equivalent model from Mercedes?

Just got bored of the X5?

I'm a range rover fanboy but for 50k personally i would probably look at Touareg's

This one is a little expensive but all the ones around 50k are silver!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-348607083.htm

PS: the Merc looks nice .. but something always puts me off merc 4x4 .. cant work out what it is.

Edited by Matt45

I'm a range rover fanboy but for 50k personally i would probably look at Touareg's

This one is a little expensive but all the ones around 50k are silver!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-348607083.htm

PS: the Merc looks nice.

Had a Touareg mate, they are well build machines but are bloody heavy and are probably as about as good at handling as a Range Rover.

Had a Range Rover and will never have one again due to them being so temperamental.

Selling the X5 because it's time for a change and before it devalues too much more. I'd never EVER consider a 3.0i petrol, the diesel would blow it to bits performance wise & especially economy wise.

Had a Touareg mate, they are well build machines but are bloody heavy and are probably as about as good at handling as a Range Rover.

Had a Range Rover and will never have one again due to them being so temperamental.

Selling the X5 because it's time for a change and before it devalues too much more. I'd never EVER consider a 3.0i petrol, the diesel would blow it to bits performance wise & especially economy wise.

Haha yea range rovers aren't the most reliable ... its all the buttons that sell me on it (pity most of them don't work after a couple of months).

That's interesting about the Touaregs (Haven't driven any myself) Best get the V10 diesel? :P

i would probably look at Touareg's

your dead to me matt.

If you want to pay the gas from a big V8, isn't the 4.6is or 4.8is the best option, as a package?

How about a Lexus LX470 V8?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-349149921.htm

I've always liked them, but I would still probably rather go for an X5 or ML V8 4x4, though the Lexus would probably work better off road.

I think the Lexus would be the pick for offroad work, but the work I require an SUV to do wouldn't require diff locks & low range, the LX470 is a nice unit but I think they'd be underpowered compared to a ML320 CDI They're epicly huge aswell, not quite sure I need something that big.

Get an E30. Edited by antil33t

Get an E30.

There's no face palm smiley icon?

I, err, understand you really like E53s and owned one for quite some time (in a manner of speaking). Have you considered one of them?

Ha!

We've had 4 or 5 MLs over the years; Mum loves them... But it's only her that drives it and it doesn't get used to its potential. The only one I've driven is our 2008 ML500 which is a solid car to drive, handles well, punchy and smooth. I do enjoy driving it, but only because of the engine, otherwise I'd prefer my 5.

Sorry ladies, just not a Land Rover fan. We had a client in a week or so ago who is an agent for a warranty company here in Dunedin. He said the must un-reliable make is a Land Rover, in particular any range rover and discovery.

I would get a Kia Sportage or new Sorento-R.

one thing i know is that VW's are the most un-reliable car that our family has had. its a shame how one person can put you off a car brand for life. but oh well. good luck with the search.

one thing i know is that VW's are the most un-reliable car that our family has had. its a shame how one person can put you off a car brand for life. but oh well. good luck with the search.

;)

The current ones weigh the same as a similarly specified X5.

Erm, why did you sell the X5?

For the budget and criteria you have, it was the perfect suv in my books