Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

What to get next...

Pre Delivery Inspection, all new cars that arrive to us get one before they go to the customer or on to the yard.

Ahhh, of course. I should have guessed that.

Thanks.

I test drove 2x 3 series today, a M320d and a 330d The 320d is one of the best handling cars I've ever had the pleasure of driving but did lack a bit of grunt. Then I drove the 330d and it was a complete fkn animal. If anyone here has driven a 330d they will know what I'm talking about! I've never driven anything like it, they must be awesome remapped. I still need an SUV though, but driving these cars today made me re-think a bit!

330d

post-2864-1295850401.jpg

post-2864-1295850432.jpg

Awesome grunt aye ;) 335d is even better. Get one of these, SUVs are over rated (except E70s)

Kia Sorento R, 145kw, 445nm, 6-speed - you already know my thoughts on them! Get a MY11 model which has bluetooth etc. We're pretty sure they've changed some gearbox settings too cos it goes even better than before!

Awesome grunt aye ;) 335d is even better. Get one of these, SUVs are over rated (except E70s)

Epic & fkn relentless, blown away, I thought the 320d was good until I drove the 330d, whole different ball game.

Kia Sorento R, 145kw, 445nm, 6-speed - you already know my thoughts on them! Get a MY11 model which has bluetooth etc. We're pretty sure they've changed some gearbox settings too cos it goes even better than before!

I think he is ignoring us, I recommended one too. Drove a couple a few weeks back and IMHO they drive as well as Euro's costing well over twice as much.

I really want a Sportage, was blown away with the styling, packaging and most impressively pricing.

Might have to get your details.

Kias and Hyundais are quickly making their way up the ranks to being the top Asian brands, price for quality wise.

That would without a doubt, be the most rational choice.

I've had the 330d and 335d as loaners from my dealer every now and then (hehe, today they gave me a 2009 M3 DCT!) - the 330d and 335d are just awesome fun - the 80-120 accel is nuuuutttsssss!!!!!

Maybe get a towball for the 5% of times you need SUV capacity - and enjoy the 95% of life!!!!

(Maybe you need the SUV for something else other than capacity???)

Fun times.

I think he is ignoring us, I recommended one too. Drove a couple a few weeks back and IMHO they drive as well as Euro's costing well over twice as much.

I really want a Sportage, was blown away with the styling, packaging and most impressively pricing.

Might have to get your details.

He's had a Kia Rio Diesel before and knew how well that went so i hope he's not! I sell them new so feel free to give me a call! I've lost count of how many Sorento's i've sold since they came out a year ago! Also there are pretty much no more Sportages left till around June due to demand in other markets, we have a couple but thats it! I've done more than enough kms in both the Sportage and Sorento and without a doubt are 2 of my favorite cars - they blow away the competition... Including our Holdens & Suzukis! I'm coming up to akl next month to drive/see the new Captiva though, hopefully Holden have raised their game...!

He's had a Kia Rio Diesel before and knew how well that went so i hope he's not! I sell them new so feel free to give me a call! I've lost count of how many Sorento's i've sold since they came out a year ago! Also there are pretty much no more Sportages left till around June due to demand in other markets, we have a couple but thats it! I've done more than enough kms in both the Sportage and Sorento and without a doubt are 2 of my favorite cars - they blow away the competition... Including our Holdens & Suzukis! I'm coming up to akl next month to drive/see the new Captiva though, hopefully Holden have raised their game...!

Then again, you're paid to say that though ;) Then again so am i with BMWs. :lol:

Sorry guys, I wouldn't discount a Kia any day of the week, they are excellent cars. The sorrento is a bit fugly IMO, but the Sportage is one of the best looking cars to come out of last year IMO. It's just a bit small for what I'm doing (if I was to use it to replace the X5) Our Kia Rio diesel is still going strong, never missed a beat.

Then again, you're paid to say that though ;) Then again so am i with BMWs. :lol:

No i'm not paid to say that cos i'm not at work on this forum. Thats my honest opinion. As much as i love BMW's if i won lotto i'd buy a Sorento over an X5.... ;)

We also sell Holden, Suzuki and Hyundai, plus all of our used stuff - i'll also tell you the Sorento is better than anything we have in our other products.... :ph34r: Don't tell my bosses....

No i'm not paid to say that cos i'm not at work on this forum. Thats my honest opinion. As much as i love BMW's if i won lotto i'd buy a Sorento over an X5.... ;)

We also sell Holden, Suzuki and Hyundai, plus all of our used stuff - i'll also tell you the Sorento is better than anything we have in our other products.... :ph34r: Don't tell my bosses....

They squeeze an awful amount of power out of that little 4 cylinder engine mate, has there been any reliability issues as of yet?

They squeeze an awful amount of power out of that little 4 cylinder engine mate, has there been any reliability issues as of yet?

I was talking to a cust of mine on Friday, who bought one of the first from me - works for Srixon sports and travels the length of the country in it. He's done about 40,000km since Feb '10 and has had no issues at all. Thats prob the highest km one i've sold, but there are a few others that have passed the 15,000km mark - no probs reported. Our first demo did 12,000km when sold with no issues either, and our current one is on 7,000km.

Also in talking to that same cust he told me he easily gets under the 7l/100km and his last trip was 6.6l/100km ave. He gets over 1000km out of a tank (70l) on the open road.

The Hyundai Santa Fe Facelift also uses that same engine and nothing has been reported. The Sportage and Hyundai IX35 use a 2l variant of that r-series engine and again nothing has been reported from them either.

I was talking to a cust of mine on Friday, who bought one of the first from me - works for Srixon sports and travels the length of the country in it. He's done about 40,000km since Feb '10 and has had no issues at all. Thats prob the highest km one i've sold, but there are a few others that have passed the 15,000km mark - no probs reported. Our first demo did 12,000km when sold with no issues either, and our current one is on 7,000km.

Also in talking to that same cust he told me he easily gets under the 7l/100km and his last trip was 6.6l/100km ave. He gets over 1000km out of a tank (70l) on the open road.

The Hyundai Santa Fe Facelift also uses that same engine and nothing has been reported. The Sportage and Hyundai IX35 use a 2l variant of that r-series engine and again nothing has been reported from them either.

Absolutely remarkable, good news for the brand IMO - I have a mate with the same Kia as ours and he is the hardest person on gear I've ever come across, it's done 80km and not one problem.

99% Done deal on that ML Mercedes, he's discounted it heavily to sell from the asking price. The deal is subject to a Mechanical inspection from Coutts Mercedes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

99% Done deal on that ML Mercedes, he's discounted it heavily to sell from the asking price. The deal is subject to a Mechanical inspection from Coutts Mercedes.

. . .

Personally I dont know why you dont buy a run of the mill hilux for the weekend away stuff and towing. And get yourself the car you've always been wanting for everything else.

That way you dont have to worry about resale and compromise.

. . .

Personally I dont know why you dont buy a run of the mill hilux for the weekend away stuff and towing. And get yourself the car you've always been wanting for everything else.

For what I paid for that ML mate, I can drive it for 6 months and know I'll get what I paid for it. Like the X5 it will cover all bases. If things could pickup this year I'd love a M3 Cab.

Edit : or even another CLK-55 - they are so cheap these days.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

For what I paid for that ML mate, I can drive it for 6 months and know I'll get what I paid for it. Like the X5 it will cover all bases. If things could pickup this year I'd love a M3 Cab.

Edit : or even another CLK-55 - they are so cheap these days.

ute plus 535d touring

ute plus 535d touring

A 535d is like 80k + lol

I'd prefer a 335d personally, that 330d I drove today was gob smacking.

I did try suggest that :P