Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

What to get next...

The current ones weigh the same as a similarly specified X5.

They needed to shed some weight over the previous models!

What about an E60 530d, they're getting cheap now.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-332577141.htm

They are getting cheap mate. I would have bought that E60 530d M Sport that was for sale in Dunedin here a while back, I think I made a post about it...

I know you might have your reasons, but why only limited to SUV?. You could combine both amounts and have a car for work and play therefore a mid ninties 911 993 comes into play.

A friend once told me that all car guys, if they have decent allowance in the budget for a nice car should have a 911 at least once.

typo

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

I know you might have your reasons, but why only limited to SUV?. You could combine both amounts and have a car for work and play therefore a mid ninties 911 993 comes into play.

A friend once told me that all car guys, if they have decent allowance in the budget for a nice car should have a 911 at least once.

typo

I'd agree. Can't go past a 911 :P

I'd do many terrible things for one... :mellow:

I'd agree. Can't go past a 911 :P

I'd do many terrible things for one... :mellow:

why's everyone have to own a beatle? why not a E46 m3 ( same price, more modern, better looking, pretty much better all round )

typo

Need a softroader for fishing and heading up to the crib with a kid and all my gear, need to be able to tow a ATV motorbike. I'd stretch a bit higher and get a 996 if I was after that kinda thing.

why's everyone have to own a beatle? why not a E46 m3 ( same price, more modern, better looking, pretty much better all round )

Better looking than a 911 :o Wash your mouth out Jack!

Which is going be better remembered in another 10 yrs? somehow not the E46 I suspect:-

Not saying I don't like the E46 though - especially M3

911's have a soul.

Indeed, and it feeds on the owner's wallet.

Indeed, and it feeds on the owner's wallet.

Ahahahahaha! Yeah, my boxster needed a RR wheel bearing when I bought it, that was a 800 dollar job.

Love em, would buy one in a heartbeat, subject to history and a pre-purchase inspection! I've driven the 4.5V8 and I can honestly say it doesn't have the same get up and go that my X5 does at the moment (420nm vs my 600nm) it would probably have much longer legs and would pass me after 80kph but most of the fun is between 0 and 100! So therefore it would have to be a twin turbo twin intercooled version. I found one which ended up being re-listed for 46,500 done just under 100km, but the guy mucked me around, wouldn't let me pay for a pre-purchase inspection and wouldn't send me any more pictures, was difficult to deal with. Because I hadn't cashed mine up at that stage, I applied for finance, became approved then the guy vanished.

This is it here anyway Visit My Website

One I test drove Visit My Website

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Better looking than a 911 :o Wash your mouth out Jack!

Which is going be better remembered in another 10 yrs? somehow not the E46 I suspect:-

Not saying I don't like the E46 though - especially M3

how could anyone ever forget the 911 though. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.

EDIT: Don't knock a Jeep SRT8 til you drive one...

Recorded a 0-to-60-mph time of 4.8 seconds compared with the Porsche's 5.1, and the Jeep didn't let up, beating the turbo Cayenne to 100 and in the quarter mile, 13.5 seconds at 101.6 mph versus 13.6 at 101.8. It also beat the Cayenne in the slalom and recorded higher lateral gs on the skidpad.

Edited by Young Jack

Quite maybe the 911 shape is timeless :)

I heard that the build quality is like a cheap Mitre10 shed, massive gaps in some fittings e.t.c. I do like the look of the brand new shape though, damn it's good looking.

I heard that the build quality is like a cheap Mitre10 shed, massive gaps in some fittings e.t.c. I do like the look of the brand new shape though, damn it's good looking.

Dad wanted to lease one. Took one for a drive the seats hold you well, theres nothing cooler than all the timers on the dash that time you to 100kph or 1/4 mile. The sound is so childish, it handles great, it just makes up for the build quality.

Its exactly like the top gear review where hammond puts the HSV VXR8 against the S4. Exactly the same scenario

Its just a car thats so fun, silly and the opposite of BMW/Audi/Merc but everytime i see one, you can't help thinking of those damn 0-100 timers haha.

Take one for a run, trust me. Just drive one. Forget the build quality. Read up on some reviews and you'll find for value for money every review says the Jeep is the way to go.

Edited by Young Jack

why's everyone have to own a beatle?

I didn't realise Jeremy Clarkson was a member here.

Clint - Judging by history, I think you're going to buy something completely different (and probably way more awesome and pricey) than any of the SUVs mentioned in this thread.

Another option :D

The jeep shows where and why it's cheaper... It's not the greatest handling thing around. Lots of large slabs of cheap plastic same as the new holdens but holden have a better fit and finish and when you compare the new commies to something decent that really puts the jeep into perspective.

Your paying for for the engine/performance not the complete package. Also they are rather low slung so might not have the clearance you want.

Could look at something more left field like a Volvo XC70/90, Skoda Octavia Scout/Audi A4 Allroader, Dodge RAM SRT-10 (Be a RedNeck for a while),

This should get you anywhere you need to go.

Edited by DRTDVL

Recorded a 0-to-60-mph time of 4.8 seconds compared with the Porsche's 5.1, and the Jeep didn't let up, beating the turbo Cayenne to 100 and in the quarter mile, 13.5 seconds at 101.6 mph versus 13.6 at 101.8. It also beat the Cayenne in the slalom and recorded higher lateral gs on the skidpad.

Agreed, the Jeep is such a fun truck to drive, (we're getting the new shape SRT 6.4 next month), the build quality isn't actually that bad, the 6.1 sounds very cool, goes better than any other truck on the road but.......again i did a PDI on one, put $30 of petrol in it, did about 12km in it, only just made it back to work.

If you want fun for the money, get one.

If you want fuel economy, forget it.

Pre Delivery Inspection, all new cars that arrive to us get one before they go to the customer or on to the yard.