Sign in to follow this  
whterice

project can't get enough......of my wallet

I bought this car Feb '09 and have done a bit of work to it since I bought it and this is what I started with

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car is a '90 325i bone stock when I first bought it with 152k on the odo with a 5spd. Came with brand new winter tires on stock bottle caps and bald summers on factory "is" weaves.

The stock set up lasted me ummmmm all of maybe 3 weeks. Then number 4 intake rocker decided that it didn't like the head and wanted a new home.

So I ended up buying a new head and higher duration cam :). I would have just replaced the rocker but the cam was badly damaged. So once I had it back on the road running I was back to the modding game.

I originally planed to run a set of axis wheels but soon after I ordered them axis quit making them and I was put on a 7 month waiting list and there was no guaranty of me even getting them so I canceled them and put on my search for something new. I found the sportmax 501 for cheap with tires and decided to run them for the summer til I found something different.

Started off with buying a whole rear subframe from a 325is for the factory 4.10 LSD but soon found out it was replaced with a fresh rebuilt 3.73 LSD which I was just as happy with. Then came factory Recaro's from a e21, Suspension technique springs for 2.5 inch drop, Bilstein Sport shocks, rebuilt 885 head with high duration cam, catback Remus exhaust, IS front lip, ellipsoids, complete turner motorsport brake upgrade with ate super blue fluid and stainless steel brake lines, Nardi Deep corn wheel and some factory e90 drop hats to lower the front another 15mm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ those pics are before I installed the e90 top hats.

I then I replaced the fog lights and they lasted maybe a month before they both decided to eat a rock on a road trip. Meh it happens just means am on the search for 2 more sets (other e30 needs a set too)

I soon got bored of the sportmaxx wheels and bought a set of konig heliums......not so cool cause they ended up having pretty much the same offset as my bottlecaps but I knew they were only temp and were only gonna be on the car til I parked it for the winter in a months time.

Posted Image

Then I got bored over the winter and thought I needed to add more bling so I bought a mint set of Borbet Type A's but they didnt have enough bling for me so I sent them off to get completely refinished and I ended up with

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am sure there is more I am missing like the Takata harness, BBS RM's, Custom steel wheels, complete stereo upgrade. I can't remember too much else replaced a bunch of little things that were broken. Wont have picture of the BBS RM's due to they are getting refinished again for the other e30.

Very very nice.

Welcome to BS :)

I dig.

Nice work, and welcome to Bimmersport

Thanks guys

I guess I should at least post pictures of how the car sits after the wheels.

P.S these pictures were taken when I was getting my Recaros recovered. Also had the front and side markers tinted and passenger side window trim replaced.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Woah, I like.

That colour combo is nice!

Nice man, really like the wheel combo

Thats mint!!

+1 on the wheel combo!

some factory e90 drop hats to lower the front another 15mm.

^^ more info on this?

Nice car, really digging it. Love the colour/wheel combo, I've never been a fan of calypsorot but this pulls it off very well!

Have you re-sprayed it or are you just really handy with cleaning products?

Welcome mate.

Can't say I agree with the wheels on an E30, just not my style.