Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

The ones you used to like.

^ +1 , carlton is so shweet, never seen one in NZ though.

Hold on, hold on the FTO was out well before the Maserati so how do you figure that? I have constantly laughed at modern Maserati because they look like overgrown FTO’s… oh and because they are the most pointless cars you can buy. Was Japanese car of the year 94 from memory.

My wife had a FTO when we got together, back when they were expensive but still gay, have to admit as sh*t as I always thought it was I always had to respect that it was very fast, hers was the GPX and would easily out pace most BMW’s on a back road.

No, quite aware that the FTO's came out first. Just seems weird that the Maserati designers finished up with a design so similar to a run-of-the mill 90's Japanese car.

My wife's was a GPX too, but my 20 year old M6 would kick its butt even if the handling of the FTO was very sharp.

Talking of Maser's another enigmatic car was the Maserati Quattoporte iii. A friend of mine recently bought one. A 87 with 26,000 kms on the clock. The exterior is very 80s- a boxy sedan with style influences from cars like the 70's British Leyland or the Aston Martin Lagonda. The interior is palatial with metres of plush leather and wood everywhere. Turn the ignition on though, and it sounds like a Ferrari. Very different.

I did say most, meaning most that aren’t M-Cars :) the wife’s did have Tien Adjustable and a few other bits of sushi hanging off it, may have been gran turismo stage two tuned, was a quick car but ever really admitted it to anyone.

Def a guilty pleasure at times :(

------------------------------------------------------

None that I know of and if there were I would have been told, the Vauxhall//Opel club are quite an inquisitive bunch and sniff out the rarity’s, there a few Turbo Speedsters around and a Tigra with a C20XE in it.

The Omega 3000 in Manual trim is a bloody capable car.. was a Real M535i competitor. Few people have toyed with building reps but its costly to bring a kit down under.

^ +1 , carlton is so shweet, never seen one in NZ though.

For some weird reason i loved Honda CRX's(box shape) and MR2's...i can not understand this one bit now!

Those sleeping over the looks of the 4 door e36 M3 were soon awoken by this:

Lotus Carlton

Loved it - what a machine!

The Lotus Carlton was the reason i sold my last 2 door Cosworth.

Had the $ ready to go with regards to purchasing one ex UK then bam..............holy f*ck what a mind f*ck of a hassle trying to get it here, this was a few years ago and the way the import laws are now i'd be able to get one reasonably easy now, but alas the $ have been long spent lol.

Edited by bellicose

Pity most of the public in NZ would think "what a weird looking VN commodore"

Still rather have one lotus carlton over 3 dime a dozen HSV's

Edited by Jacko

Pity most of the public in NZ would think "what a weird looking VN commodore"

Still rather have one lotus carlton over 3 dime a dozen HSV's

Yep, the poor old HSV showed how sh*t it really is in that video!! Huge difference in years and "tech" - but it could only manage just over a second faster.

That is one car I hate - any falcodore.

Another one I used to like was the Peugeot 405. I the late 80's and and early 90's I was kind of partial to the Mi16.

Never been a huge fan of sedans apart from the M5's but this car was kind of cool.

Since then 20 years have gone and in recent times I have never really seen a decent one....

As a consequence, despite the fact I once believed they were nice cars, I don't feel that anymore.

Most of the ones I see these days are bangers and have affected my perception on these cars...

I remember I used to love KP60 Starlets lol. Man looking back at them is like what was I thinking. I still love a clean KE though (with the expection of KE70s. argh, what a pig)