Sign in to follow this  
Jimocles

Basin Reserve this morning

going to work this morning about 6:40

some guy must have been caning it around the basin, tried to get on to buckle st

run wide and went through the fence on the block before the mobil.

there was a copper there sorting him out

laughed my ass off all the way to work, clowns are always losing it around there

Hope it was a boy racer, too many of them around!!!

I never feel any sympathy for racers that crash.

I had to have a chuckle the other night, I saw MT in his suped up M3 (license plate AJP) waiting at the Melling lights - infamous boy racer area - when several boyz rocked up in their suped up civics/crxs eyeing him up for a drag...

let me see, little jappas against a 400 bhp M3 with a racer driver...

was god damn funny to watch them get caned

boy racer, too many of them around!!!

??? ;););)

??? ;););)
hahaha, o0o0oo0o boyracer in an M3 it seems :o

??? ;););)
hahaha, o0o0oo0o boyracer in an M3 it seems :o
Haha, no, I meant that the gentleman in the M3 actually races it in the intermarque sprints. Tane and I had a nice chat to him last time we were up in Manfeild.

It wouldn't be hard to come off looking like a racer when you've got a 400bhp engine hooked up to a 6 speed SMG gearbox running 285 tyres on the rear :D

He was planning on getting it super charged but discovered that the M3 engine he has has a fairly weak camshaft that wouldn't handle the charger. Suck, just think if he did get it charged, a 500bhp M3 :wub:

I presume you mean crank shaft Carl!?!?!

Edited by E30-323ti

I presume you mean crank shaft Carl!?!?!

Yeah, CRANK SHAFT, that's what I said didn't I???

Well, I meant crank shaft anyway, we all know that that particular engine had some teething bottom end problems :)

God damn i'm getting things all confuddled lately, i'm fast becoming the minister of misrepresentation, mom.

CaM, Intermarques:

Round 1 - 24th April (this sunday)

Round 2 - 28th May

Edited by ///Carl

CaM, Intermarques:

Round 1 - 24th April (this sunday)

Round 2 - 28th May

top man, love you :wub:

hah

will be thur for a look... any chance of a hot lap carl? even a ride will suffice :bowdown:

Back on topic... I usually drive that way when coming back from good old Pak and Shave... Always notice totally fukd up cars on the bit before the corner onto Buckle Street... Cars which looked like someone has misjudged the corner and sideswiped (in a big time) them. Normally see at least one new one every two months.. I go especially slow around that corner around Buckle Street.. the car bounces alot around it.

yeah the whole basin is weird,off camber and bumpy,but that corner in the outside lane is really off camber on the exit and the wider you go the more off camber it is,its ok on the entrance but the camber switches about halfway round....

I very rarely drive around the basin, if heading to the airport I take the scenic route around the bays, bloody funny to see kent and cambridge terraces on a sat night though...

CaM, you cannot hop in my car for intermarque, for any motorsport governed event before a competitor can have a passenger riding along the car has to have certain safety features installed. Ian explained it to me before, I think the car has to have a roll cage and 5 point safety harness and the passenger must also wear the required safety gear.

those alloy blocks are really weak. they like putting pistons through the sidewalls.

a well known feature of this engine. :thumb: