Sign in to follow this  
BadBm_

Hit and run :(

So i was at out mankau area and someone hit me, and while i was getting out my car he raced of and turned and i didnt get his number plate details gr

How much to fix roughly ?

New back bumper

Left oem clear taillight

looks like for now

post-6710-1298942889.jpg

post-6710-1298942896.jpg

post-6710-1298942903.jpg

ouch!!...

looks like you will need:

tail light

bumper repair/ new one

+ panel and paint repair

got insurance?

ouch!!...

looks like you will need:

tail light

bumper repair/ new one

+ panel and paint repair

got insurance?

NO insurance :(

you will also want to check under the car for damage to the bumper supports and in the boot for damage there.

Where in Manaku? They might have camera's around there for security.

Edited by DRTDVL

Bugger. As Heath said try and get some video.

Looks like you reversed into Savage.

NO insurance :(

No insurance - no sympathy. The sooner this country wakes up & makes compulsory third party insurance the better.

I had some F..ken muppet hit me a few weeks back - writing off my work ute & $10k damage to a near new Suzuki Swift & guess what - NO insurance :rolleyes:

Only consolation - apart from his own car being stuffed - has now also owes about $16k to insurance companies... over 100yrs probably

No insurance - no sympathy. The sooner this country wakes up & makes compulsory third party insurance the better.

I had some F..ken muppet hit me a few weeks back - writing off my work ute & $10k damage to a near new Suzuki Swift & guess what - NO insurance :rolleyes:

Only consolation - apart from his own car being stuffed - has now also owes about $16k to insurance companies... over 100yrs probably

I agree with the 3rd party compulsory! if you don't have it sooner or later you will get ****ed by the insurer of someone else, i pay a ridiculous premium for this exact reason. (obviously im not saying you do or don't have this even if you did it wouldn't help in this case).

Yea i would take it to get looked at properly looks like there might be some damage behind the bumper.

doesnt 3rd party insurance cover you as well for no fault? and its like piss all cheap as well.

doesnt 3rd party insurance cover you as well for no fault? and its like piss all cheap as well.

No

third party = cover for any third party property you damage.

third party + fire & theft = the same with added cover for fire/theft

To a point yes. My work ute was only third party fire/theft because of the realitively low value - about $5k. Insurance is paying us for it due to not being my fault... but they are cap in hand to recover costs from the guy that hit me.

To a point yes. My work ute was only third party fire/theft because of the realitively low value - about $5k. Insurance is paying us for it due to not being my fault... but they are cap in hand to recover costs from the guy that hit me.

Really? guess it depends on the company.

I have held third party with Tower, Fintel and Club Auto (all under the same umbrella) in the past and this was standard then

+1 to compulsary 3rd party. amoung the obvious reasons, it will lower the premiums for us that have the brains to insure our cars in the first place.

Third party fire and theft with added glass cover for me

Am covered to about 5k if someone else hits me, but if I cause the accident then bad luck to me, the other guy is covered which is really what matters.

I see it as me taking personal responsibility for my driving, at least in the consequences for my own car.

how much are the average price for 3rd party insurance?

Usually few hundred but depends on what you drive I guess.

Had a old Mini with 3rd party for $80 thru AA

97 Civic with VTEC - $280 thru AMI

Quote from AA for me to insure my E46 was 350 under my name.... but im paying for full cover under my dads name with me as a named driver through a broker.

Edited by Brenton

+1 to compulsary 3rd party. amoung the obvious reasons, it will lower the premiums for us that have the brains to insure our cars in the first place.

Not necessarily so, the numbers of those who drive without warrant and rego will only increase as there will be the added cost of 3rd party insurance on top of the existing costs of motoring. Costs of recovering money from those drivers will go up, increased insurance levy on those that do pay for the 3rd party. Then the government will tax the compulsory 3rd party insurance as well (another motorist cash cow).

Cost of repairs will go up as all repair shops will look to take advantage of more insurance claims, so more money for the insurance companies to recover through increased premiums.

Not necessarily so, the numbers of those who drive without warrant and rego will only increase as there will be the added cost of 3rd party insurance on top of the existing costs of motoring. Costs of recovering money from those drivers will go up, increased insurance levy on those that do pay for the 3rd party. Then the government will tax the compulsory 3rd party insurance as well (another motorist cash cow).

Cost of repairs will go up as all repair shops will look to take advantage of more insurance claims, so more money for the insurance companies to recover through increased premiums.

Easy to police Jon - simply include third party as requirement in registration. Then - no rego - car off the the road - no questions!

I couldn't give a toss for them, I am sick of muppets driving around with no insurance & causing grief to others.

If they can't afford the car + insurance - then walk!! Take responibility!

Can't really see that repair numbers will go up - third party & own fault will mean no claim on that vehicle.

Insurance is a grudge purchase that I hate as much as anyone but reality is - it is a fact of life

My race car is third party, fire/theft for $16K - costs about $120 pa

$85 a year through Fintel.

Easy to police Jon - simply include third party as requirement in registration. Then - no rego - car off the the road - no questions!

That's how it is here! I think it is a good rule.

To the original poster, that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

If yous all like eye-wateringly huge insurance premiums, then comp insurance is your friend.

Without a doubt, paying the odd excess on a claim will be cheaper.

Aaand, if ya think they care about rego (they dont at the moment and will even less should it include a charge for insurance in it) then.....

OP, looks as though the rear quarter is bent?

Cost to repair? Heaps.

Should have had insurance, tough luck.

PS. Third party, fire and theft often includes a no fault payout up to around $3000. Insurance cos. icluded this in many policys to avoid comp cover.

Really? guess it depends on the company.

Its a standard policy that every insurance company i know of has, if it's not your fault they will pay for the repairs and take the other person to court to recover the costs.

Its a standard policy that every insurance company i know of has, if it's not your fault they will pay for the repairs and take the other person to court to recover the costs.

You still liable for excess until you find out and tell the insurance who cause the damage so they can go after him/her to recover their cost.