Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

1987 320i E30 Series Project.

Does it have a warrant?

No it doesn't, haven't been able to keep it road legal as it doesn't have a current Authority Card. (Requires 2 race events per year to maintain the Authority card).

It has however been road-legal in the past, Rego is currently on hold, and I can't see that it would need too much for a WoF. Sold as is where is however.

New owner would need to update the authority card anyway, just send off the form and $60 to change it over to the new name. Then take the card with you when the car goes for a WoF, simple.

Not competing in the two events in the year isn't an issue when you change the owner over.

New owner would need to update the authority card anyway, just send off the form and $60 to change it over to the new name. Then take the card with you when the car goes for a WoF, simple.

Not competing in the two events in the year isn't an issue when you change the owner over.

Cheers Jon, I did mean to say something along those lines. Although as the Authority card is expired I believe the new owner would have to apply for one again? I'm not sure. If they did then it's just a matter of taking the car to be checked over by a licensed scrutineer and paying a slightly higher fee ($90ish I think).

Motorsport NZ of course will have all the answers.

Edit: Just checked with them, a new Authority Card is required upon transfer of ownership, which does require an inspection by an A-designated licensed scrutineer or a Technical Officer, and the new Authority Card will be valid until the expiry date of the new owners Motorsports Licence. (Clubsport is ok).

http://www.motorsport.org.nz/assets/Docume...application.pdf

Edited by huff3r

So just been offered $5k. don't know whether to be insulted or just accept that it's worthless :(.

I'm after somewhere over $5500 if anyone is interested... pretty much giving it away now, but it's useless to me!

(BTW, oil leak located - damaged sump. I have a spare and in the process of trying to replace it, unless it sells first. Spare sump definitely comes with it.)

So just been offered $5k. don't know whether to be insulted or just accept that it's worthless :(.

I'm after somewhere over $5500 if anyone is interested... pretty much giving it away now, but it's useless to me!

(BTW, oil leak located - damaged sump. I have a spare and in the process of trying to replace it, unless it sells first. Spare sump definitely comes with it.)

If you've been offered 5000 and you want 5500 just take it.

If you've been offered 5000 and you want 5500 just take it.

Fair call. I guess it's better to just take anything when its been on the market so long. Don't know if the offer is genuine however as nobody has come to view the car at all.