Sign in to follow this  
louistan3

New member! First Bmw

Hey guys,

Just introducing myself. Name is Louis, just finished uni and started working which is why i got my first BMW! Bought it just last week, 2001 320i e46 with 45k Kms on it.

No mods or anything on the car yet, but I am planning to put some good wheels on it as my first change.

Here are some photos. Enjoy :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome.

Nice car with low mileage. Another couple of good mods would be clear front and back lights and also black front grilles :)

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome.

Nice car with low mileage. Another couple of good mods would be clear front and back lights and also black front grilles :)

Enjoy your stay.

Also welcome, but I gotta say i disagree with Tristan. I personally think both the orange indicators, and chrome grill give good contrast to the gorgeous black paintwork.

New wheels is a definite must though, and maybe a bit of low :D

+1, it does look very good as is. Welcome :)

Also welcome, but I gotta say i disagree with Tristan. I personally think both the orange indicators, and chrome grill give good contrast to the gorgeous black paintwork.

New wheels is a definite must though, and maybe a bit of low :D

It looks oriental blue? Welcome :D

It looks oriental blue? Welcome :D

Very very nice k's! Apart from lowering and new wheels as mentioned above, maybe a debadge would suit your clean black look perfectly =]

Clear front and back lights

This

Welcome!

Nice car, ideal as a daily.

Put some good wheels on it and enjoy. I wouldn't do anything else or it will just cause it to depreciate more.

Also, keep the orange indicators. Nothing wrong with them. For what it's worth you could spend the same money on something to upgrade stereo or whatever else thats of use.

Edited by E36V8

Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions guys!

It is my daily driver! and it is blue not black even though i wanted a black one <_< hahaha

I was really thinking about the clear indicators though, I wasn't really sure if they would look better or worse as I've had mixed feelings about them.

I'm actually thinking of getting a newer stereo which is nz compatible as the current one is japanese. By newer I mean like the OEM one with AUX port and MP3 Support :D

Any suggestions on how to maybe increase driveability? I feel I need more kick as it's only a 320, although i do like it in sports mode (yes i know its a tiptronic hehehe)

Change intake? Headers? Exhaust? Plenty of guru's on here who I'm sure will chip in.

Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions guys!

It is my daily driver! and it is blue not black even though i wanted a black one <_< hahaha

I was really thinking about the clear indicators though, I wasn't really sure if they would look better or worse as I've had mixed feelings about them.

I'm actually thinking of getting a newer stereo which is nz compatible as the current one is japanese. By newer I mean like the OEM one with AUX port and MP3 Support :D

Any suggestions on how to maybe increase driveability? I feel I need more kick as it's only a 320, although i do like it in sports mode (yes i know its a tiptronic hehehe)

Looks black enough that id be happy :P. Blue is better anyway. Still stick by my comment re the orange indicators. :D

Change intake? Headers? Exhaust? Plenty of guru's on here who I'm sure will chip in.

Is there really enough gains to justify the cost? I'm not really expecting much as its a 320, but i'm saying that maybe i should just concentrate on making it beautiful? Lol

Is there really enough gains to justify the cost? I'm not really expecting much as its a 320, but i'm saying that maybe i should just concentrate on making it beautiful? Lol

I dont think there would be much gains to be had on a 320. Easier and cheaper to get a 325 or 330 I guess.

My 2c....Keep the orange indicators, paint the chrome black.

Welcome.

Get some nice wheels, clear indicators, keep the chrome and tint the windows... but then again I'm obviously biased :)

K&N replacement airfilter in factory airbox

$100-$120 - 10/15hp gain (best bang for buck, hands down)

no mods - direct drop in

no need to buy OEM airfilter at next service ($100 +or more)

can onsell when you flick the car

No downside IMO - every car I have owned has had one, or two :)

ohyes - welcome!!

Edited by M5V8

K&N replacement airfilter in factory airbox

$100-$120 - 10/15hp gain (best bang for buck, hands down)

no mods - direct drop in

no need to buy OEM airfilter at next service ($100 +or more)

can onsell when you flick the car

No downside IMO - every car I have owned has had one, or two :)

ohyes - welcome!!

Sounds good! Where can i get the K&N filter? Repco?

I doubt repco stock them.

Buy a cleaning pack too, when it comes to cleaning time remember not to over oil it. READ the instructions.

http://www.knfilters.co.nz/

Edited by M5V8

I'm firmly in the clear indicator camp. Orange is just not visually appealing on a dark car. Going clear emphasises the red on the rear lenses (which works wonderfully on a black car) and cleans up the front end. If you do the wheels, then orange lenses will distract the eye.

meh. I just dont like orange lenses full stop. Never have. :P