Sign in to follow this  
w_elliot

"alpina cz" tech1 e30

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-362983708.htm

This^^

to me it looks like a nice tidy tech1 e30 with some cool alpina c2 badges and a large price tag attached to it,

Can anyone tell me why this car is worth 15k? Apart from the badges it doesn't seem to have any alpina features...

Looks like it might be a 4 door auto 318i sporting m3 badges kind of situation.

The vin doesnt look alpina either, but it does look to have low miles (100k miles)

Wheels might be alpina? But definitely not a real one, the hartge strut brace and the myrrh body kit gives it away, and obviously been molested due to the kidney grills

Who's the dork asking for the VIN? RHD had a bmw vin. It appears to have an alpina exhaust, why doesnt someone just go and have a look at the engine number?

A kitted up car could easily have no build plaque and an mtech kit.

In saying all of that, it shouldnt have a 15k start price either way :P

Vehicle Identification

VIN: WBAAB320100858846

Plate: SF2328

Plate type: Standard

Engine no: 22634093

As a RHD import from that time my guess would be it's a Sytner conversion from the UK, so the spec could be anything really as it was a pretty much pick and mix affair. An Alpina build plaque would add much kudos and $$$s to it though...

^ Could very well be Sytner optioned car. Just because it doesn't have the wheels etc doesn't mean it wasn't Alpina optioned from factory.

Has overhead cam and aspirated induction and single point injection fuel.

Looks like it got down-graded when it went thru the alpina factory.

Didnt C2 2.5's start life as 323's? in the same way as 2.7's were 325's? Or do i have that screwed up.

The rego seems fishy to me, as the vin is for a 325i

It would either be registered as a 1987 BMW 323i, Or an Alpina C2 2.5, and not an 325i if I have that theory right :D

Edited by Jacko

"Has overhead cam and aspirated induction"

Must be where the rest of the 15k is, sounds like a bargan with these fetures along with single point injection!

Nice car though.

Sytner optioned cars were standard 325i's but they we optioned from factory with Alpina goodies, like wheels, engine, ECUs etc. Some people consider them genuine and others consider them non genuine.

What a car is registered under doesn't mean sh*t IMO

Didnt C2 2.5's start life as 323's? in the same way as 2.7's were 325's? Or do i have that screwed up.

The rego seems fishy to me, as the vin is for a 325i

It would either be registered as a 1987 BMW 323i, Or an Alpina C2 2.5, and not an 325i if I have that theory right :D

I'm pretty sure Sytner did a poo spec C2 2.5 made from the 325i just with cam, ECU exhaust etc... a touring auto sold a while ago for 5500 IIRC

FWIIW

From the BMW ALPINA book by James Taylor:

The C2 2.5, 1985-8

"This arrived in July that year (1985) and went out of production in March 1988 after seventy-four examples had been built. Cars were built both in Buchloe and, with right hand drive, by Synter in Nottingham. The engine which gave the new model its C2 designation was never used in another model from Alpina. Based on the 'eta' version of the small block M60 engine (the version designed with fuel economy in mind) it retained the engines 84mm bore. However a 323i crankshaft and Mahle pistons reduced the stroke to give an overall swept volume which Alpina quote as 2554cc.."

"As on its other C series engines Alpina added a modified cylinder head with hemispherical combustion chambers. The Bosch Motronic engine management system was replaced by Bosch LE-Jetronic injection with breakerless ignition. The results were a power output of 185PS at 6,100rpm and max torque of 243Nm at 5,000rpm. However the great benefit of this engine was that it also gave good low end torque.Both two door and four door E30 models could serve as the bassis of the C2 2.5. The car could be had with any of the three standard BMW gearboxes - five speed overdrive, five speed close ratio 'sports' with direct top, or four speed automatic. The standard final drive ratio was retained in every case and all cars came with a 25 per cent limited slip differential. Although the C2 2.5 had the same 16inch multi-spoke wheels as the C1 models it had different spring and damper ratios. Once again Alpina used progressive-rate springs and Bilstein gas dampers. Other equipment was generally the same as for the C1 cars and the same spoilers and instrumentation were part of the package."

Edited by Tiddles