Sign in to follow this  
m325i

How hard do you reckon it would be

To take off your door handles and paint them?

Would it look sweet if you primed them then painted them with that touchup spray stuff in auto accessory shops?

Or would you have to have them prof. done?

Practice makes perfect... purchase some second hand from a wrecker... if you like the look chuck them on ... if you dont yeah dont.

It could look cool, it could loook stuffed.

I think the paint would come off if you just used normal primer. (The handles are plastic aren't they?) There is a special plastic primer that you can buy for mirrors, bumpers, door handles etc. I have used it on my front lip bumper thing and it has lasted extremely well with no sign of flaking or cracking. I think that handles would get quite alot of wear so it will be interesting see how long it lasts.

I agree with what has been said above. It would also depend on the colour of the car - waste of time on black, would look good on white or blue, but gay on red. (in my opinion of course)

I am undecided on silver. But am thinking yes....

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Yea i thought about painting my m3 mirrors white as they were chrome and they just were too bling for me. Let us know how it goes as im keen to paint my handels...

just use a screw driver to take the two screws out that are under the door handle itself.

get a wire brush. take off the paint and respray!! easy as pie

Its easy iv painted my door handels and i did my mirrors at the same time, Just take them off give them a lil scuff with sum fine sandpaper, Prime and then paint, But with the mirrors ya use plastic primer and paint cos it will react otherwise..

Edited by downlow

Wouldn't mind seeing the end result of this (pics anyone) as i'm going to get my mirrors painted at some stage, probably when I get a body kit done.

Also wouldn't mind getting rid of the keylocks on the doors aswell so that you have to use the alarm to open the car, would look cooler I think and the security feature prevents screwdriver entries through the car doors.

Only prob is if the battery runs flat the central locking won't work and if a thief knew that the boot lock can open the passenger doors then they'd still be able to screwdriver entry a car...lockless doors would be cool though :)

Doesn't matter too much if your battery goes flat, you can open the bonnet from outside can't you? And you can re-wire so the boot wont open everything.

Also wouldn't mind getting rid of the keylocks on the doors aswell so that you have to use the alarm to open the car, would look cooler I think and the security feature prevents screwdriver entries through the car doors.

can easily open teh locks with a "slim jim" down the side of the window seal thingey.... easiest way into a car

have you ever tried a slim jim on a beemer..i thought they were supposed to be wimdow smash material esp if they are deadlocked!

Guest Andrew

have you ever tried a slim jim on a beemer..i thought they were supposed to be wimdow smash material esp if they are deadlocked!

did it pretty easily on an e30 we had.