Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Renault Laguna Trans

Anybody have any bright ideas on where to find an auto trans for an '02 Laguna V6?

Scrap heap was my first thought. Will try FF maybe. It's not my car, just trying to help with the ridiculous (and ongoing) bills.

It will cost more to fix than the car is worth, the Laguna is a POS. Anything Auto and that old from France is crap TBH, was a dark time.

I got some parts off this guy for my car, he is a rip off but service was great, same day delivery.

http://www.rennojag.co.nz/

i agree , have seen plenty or renaults and pugs from that era all with stuffed trans

It will cost more to fix than the car is worth, the Laguna is a POS. Anything Auto and that old from France is crap TBH, was a dark time.

I got some parts off this guy for my car, he is a rip off but service was great, same day delivery.

http://www.rennojag.co.nz/

I don't disagree, but he needs to keep it running for a bit longer. The guy you mentioned has one apparently, wants $3k fitted for a 2nd hand trans, no doubt with a 30/30 guarantee.

It was the manufacture of the gearboxes, would have been some trade agreement deal that the French Government enforced, they were shocking and went into most French cars from the late nineties to early naughties.

For a laugh, call into the Renault workshop in Greenlane next time you are walking past, guaranty they will be booked up with Auto Trans swaps, I swear 90% of their business is auto swaps, and because Renault had their cars designed by aliens no one can fix them.

I'm glad my gear box is designed by the Japanese thanks to Renault owning part of Nissan.

no doubt with a 30/30 guarantee.

Minutes... or hours ?? :P

That’s reasonable cost to fix. But yea, it could crap out in 5 mins.

He may have to cut hiss losses and buy a Toyota.

Minutes... or hours ?? :P

30/30 guarantee.

30 seconds, or 30 metres off the yard, whichever is first. A car dealer mates favourite. Usually prefaced with "Our exclusive..."

Funnily enough, Aisin-Warner (the gearbox manufacturer in question) is now 52% owned by Toyota, seems they don't give trouble in Toyotas, but do in Frenchies.

It's been to Renault Greenlane, "at least $6k..."