Sign in to follow this  
E36ShoppingTrolley

Best Springs/Suspension Setup for e30?

Not interested in coilover setup. Keen on some good spring/shock setup to give my car a good stance. I dont want to pay heaps of dosh for a slightly lower look. Have heard good things about H&R springs? does anybody have photos of their car with either a H&R or King Spring setup? which shocks are best? will ride still be captive with stock shocks or will i need to upgrade to bilstein/koni? Please advise on what will look best. Car is E30 325i

I have H&R sport with bilstein sport shocks.

They were captive with standard shocks, however only just.

I find the springs to be a bit soft.

dont go near king springs, they are for hondas.

Posted Image

My car when I had H&R's and Billies.

Springs should still be captive with stock shocks?

BMW series cars, V8 Super-cars and a lot of other race series cars use King Springs, they are not all bad.

OP. Depends on what you want really.

If its just lowering just throw some whatever brand springs in.

BMW series cars, V8 Super-cars and a lot of other race series cars use King Springs, they are not all bad.

All depends what grade you buy. I had a set in the e30 pre suspension upgrade and man they were bad.

Iv just put Vogtland 4cyl springs in the front of mine and king springs superlows in the rear, gives it a nice ride height and a bit of rake, as for shocks if you plan on tracking your car a couple times a year then def go with the e30 race series Koni adjustables, they are amazing.

My 2c

as for shocks if you plan on tracking your car a couple times a year then def go with the e30 race series Koni adjustables, they are amazing.

My 2c

What are those worth out of interest?

OP. Depends on what you want really.

If its just lowering just throw some whatever brand springs in.

Completely different springs Graeme to what you buy for yuor road car with the exception of the E30 series springs :)

I agree with your last comment though... springs don't affect ride quality it is the shock performance that does this :)

dont go near king springs, they are for hondas.

What makes you say that ? E30class runs them, and heard they are fine.

Nothing wrong with the King springs, just make sure you mate them with a good shock.

You have two sorts of shocks which most run. They are the Bilsteins and the Koni adjustable's.

And then with the springs probably go with the King springs from the race series or H&R from the forum sponsor.

Well the a lot of testing has gone into creating the race series spring to match with the adjustable koni shock so imo if your going to get either get the pair as someone has spent a lot of time and money matching them, which is more than can be said for 90% of shock spring combos around.