Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

More pictures please

I dont understand the confusion over this auction.

OMG I WANT!!!!

nothing confusing about any of it atleast the guy thinks outstide the square so whats the issue or is this the normal " you cant do that " bimmersport intelligance reaction.

I questioned it being twin turbo because the picture didn't appear to match the description.. more pictures may clear it up. I'd like to see how all the exhaust & pipe work has been done if that is the engine described.

Unless he has the turbos out the front bumper it aint turbo

you can see the hot pipes from the turbos going to the front right of the engine bay. i dont think that air filter will normally live there.

Which is more where I was coming with my .. confused comment, most M20 turbo builds you would see the turbo coming up above the exhaust manifold, so would be nice to have a few more pictures to see what has been done.

Maybe the turbos were removed in the photo for whatever reason, or maybe he has found room to bottom mount them. Either way, I would be interested in seeing the setup.

It doesnt strike anyone as somewhat odd a person would advertise something like this if it wasnt ligit?

Might make it a tad uncomfortable when it came time for a test ride if there wasnt any turbos.....A !!!

and it is an ad for the ENGINE not a car.

But yes, pics' of the hot-side and even build/parts pics' would be better for selling it considering the $6k price tag.

But yes, pics' of the hot-side and even build/parts pics' would be better for selling it considering the $6k price tag.

Which the guy is going to post up on the auction at the week-end, after I asked nicely if he had any more pics.

Simple enough really, rather than guessing... B)

And its responces like this and others to why i dont bother helping or posting on here anymore, just cause its a bmw it cant be done!!!

Small minds, i wouldnt have a 25 year old business if i thought like some do.

And its responces like this and others to why i dont bother helping or posting on here anymore, just cause its a bmw it cant be done!!!

No one said it can't be done Steve... the OP asked for more pictures... I questioned it because the picture didn't seem to match the auction description... the reason being that there are many rip off adds on Tardme ATM. I'm very interested in seeing some better pictures of how it's all been done.

Heh, I get this all the time. "You cant turbo a BMW it'll blow up! Get a nissan instead"

:huh:

Heh, I get this all the time. "You cant turbo a BMW it'll blow up! Get a nissan instead"

:huh:

[/quote

ya not wrong its all them "keyboard pros" that couldnt even change a spark plug but i read about somewhere !!!

its called tall poppy syndrome nz style, you cant do it cause i said so.....winners

Surely anyone buying it would inspect it carefully, in person, and ask a lot of questions (eg, does the car need much modification to fit).

I can see how 2 t25 turbos could be bottom-mounted, espcially if the pipework is smaller diameter. Might make the downpipe/steering problem easier too.

Assuming its as advertised, would be a beast.

LOL - looking at the auction again, a beast with the air filter sticking out of the bonnet!

I wondered also what headlights are being used in the car in the picture ?

LOL - looking at the auction again, a beast with the air filter sticking out of the bonnet!

It is in an E21, which has the bonnet sitting on top of the guards, so has a bit of height and not likely to be out of the bonnet.

Posted Image

I wondered also what headlights are being used in the car in the picture ?

Could be a lesser model E21, which only have single head lamps.

Posted Image

NEITHER OF WHICH ARE OF ANY RELEVANCE SINCE IT IS JUST THE ENGINE/BOX THAT ARE FORSALE

Edited by E30-323ti

Ah good point. I'm looking on a phone so pics a bit small but I should have noticed.

Its relevant I reckon - you would want to know what's involved in getting it into an e30.