Sign in to follow this  
E30-323ti

Fake E36 M3 3.2l

Still looks to be a fun car for $12500, of course he should be more honest and list the full details..would have thought the engine and box would be worth most of the asking price.

Edited by Charles32

To the unsuspecting eye it's an M3, just without the reinforced subframe, strut towers etc.

I'm guessing the unanswered questions will be pointing out the obvious.

^^ you're right.

It looks like the M3 cluster has been fitted, so will the odo read-out be correct at 123,000kms? Ok, it won't be the miles that are on the chassis, but it would be more beneficial to know the miles on the motor / box / diff, etc.

Seems to be a lot of experts on there, even that guy who issues LVCerts. What he's missed though is the fact that you could pretty much name whatever you wanted when filling out the reg forms when the car was coming into NZ. As long as it was a BMW of course, I've seen heaps of examples like 530i's registered as M5's, Legacy 1.8litre wagons registered as GT-B legacy e.t.c.

I'd imagine one phone call to a BMW dealer would confirm weather or not it's real or a good replica.

but it would be more beneficial to know the miles on the motor / box / diff, etc.

Only if they all came from the same car as the cluster ;)

Spotted this at the petrol station about 10 minutes ago. I had to wait to get to the pump while the forecourt guy helped him push it to a park as it would not start. The guy went next door to get a mechanic to take a look. They got it started pretty quick, but it sounded really rough. You would want a pretty thorough check before contemplating buying.