Sign in to follow this  
gouba

Seafoam

I know most import boys use the Subaru upper engine cleaner on their cars and that some have had probs with Seafoam before...i have only used the Subaru stuff but can definitely vouch for it being really good!

post-5369-1304656279.jpg

Edited by cliffdunedin

Dare I say a bandaid for using the wrong grade oil and poor service intervals ?

Dare I say a bandaid for using the wrong grade oil and poor service intervals ?

Not necessarily Josh... vehicle use ..ie Short trips, especially in cold conditions can cause carbon build up in combustion chambers. The build up is not always due to wear or neglect by an owner.

Not necessarily Josh... vehicle use ..ie Short trips, especially in cold conditions can cause carbon build up in combustion chambers. The build up is not always due to wear or neglect by an owner.

can this cause the engine to "stall" when the cars cold, but run fine when warm?

can this cause the engine to "stall" when the cars cold, but run fine when warm?

No

Have read a few posts on other forums that swear by this stuff.

Is it actually available in NZ

Have read a few posts on other forums that swear by this stuff.

Is it actually available in NZ

Seems to be:

Seafoam on Trademe, auction 373333486

Considering that people are spending US$5-7 in the states, and it's $25 a can here :o , I'm hoping there are other options. (There is another seller on TM offering $75 for 3...)

Edited by Sick Puppy

I know most import boys use the Subaru upper engine cleaner on their cars and that some have had probs with Seafoam before...i have only used the Subaru stuff but can definitely vouch for it being really good!

post-5369-1304656279.jpg

+1. Use this on my subie every 20k. Swear by it.

hmmm its still a bandaid which ruines o2 sensors. I personally think its just easier to not be a knob in the first place and change your oil to suit your driving needs.

Engine build up goes a long way towards f**king your motor, have replaced one due to this, was short start stops that did it.

ive used the subaru UEC on my previous subbies, and on some it makes a hell of a difference. My last wrx i did it to, ended up returning better economy and came on boost quicker.

hmmm its still a bandaid which ruines o2 sensors.

A forum reader might do this. A technician using this product or a similar product and understanding how the vehicle worked and what the product did would remove both pre cat & after cat sensors when doing the clean. A scan tool would be required to reset fault codes & adaptions after the clean. And always use these products down stream from the MAF sensor

nulon has just released their own version in australia probably see it in nz at some stage