Sign in to follow this  
tire

Need a runabout

All sorted thanks. Got a mk2 gti. Had to settle for a 4 door.

Hey, I need something to get around in while I finish off (neglect) my E30. Needs to be reliable (/have cheap and plentiful parts) and average or better on gas, but I don't want a cliche corolla / civic / accord etc. And I don't want another E30!

I'm thinking E28 525e, mk1 / mk2 golf, W124 Benz, or peugeot 205gti, leaning towards E28.

So if anyone knows of an E28 525e (or ee) for sale please let me know. There are currently none on trademe.

Oh, and I don't really want to spend more than $2000.

Cheers,

Max.

E: Auckland area only please.

Edited by tastic

did you ring my mate that had one??

also have another mate with a 1994/95 e34 520i excutive probably around that money , good reliable car ,

Hi Brent, I sent both of those numbers you gave me a text and got no reply. Felt a bit awkward about cold calling them, do you think it would be ok?

Sorry E34 not what I'm after.

For cheap runabout I recon go with the mk1/mk2 golfs.

I've been thinking about it myself, they can look pretty sweet!

Hi Brent, I sent both of those numbers you gave me a text and got no reply. Felt a bit awkward about cold calling them, do you think it would be ok?

Sorry E34 not what I'm after.

just call him . i dont think he does texts

For cheap runabout I recon go with the mk1/mk2 golfs.

I've been thinking about it myself, they can look pretty sweet!

yea man i just got one few weeks back for my run about they pretty good on gas as well

I would say stay away from a Peugeot 205GTI for two reasons, firstly it won’t be cheap to keep going and will end up spending a bit of time off the road.

Secondly, and I have seen this before, it will be too much fun and the E30 maybe neglected ;)

I would get an E30 :lol:

Have you got a bike licence? 'Cos boy can I do you a deal :P

When I was flatting I borrowed my flatmates 1.6 205gti 3 times.

The first time, I stopped for fuel and the car wouldn't start. Was blowing the oil cap off. Fixed with some duct tape.

The second time, the interior fan developed an ear piercing wail and couldn't be turned off. Randomly fixed itself.

The third time, the gear selector rod popped off at the gearbox side. I limped home on 4th and siliconed it on in the drive.

But gosh was it fun!

When I was flatting I borrowed my flatmates 1.6 205gti 3 times.

The first time, I stopped for fuel and the car wouldn't start. Was blowing the oil cap off. Fixed with some duct tape.

The second time, the interior fan developed an ear piercing wail and couldn't be turned off. Randomly fixed itself.

The third time, the gear selector rod popped off at the gearbox side. I limped home on 4th and siliconed it on in the drive.

But gosh was it fun!

My first wife had a highly worked ex UK 1.9 GTI 205, went like hell, couldn't catch it in the Audi Quattro I had at the time... I don't see them as much as I used to, I suspect most of them are upside down in a ditch somewhere.

Get a mk2 golf! theres one up in keri for sale, a white 4 door with nice period deep dish rims for 1500 ish i think

My first wife had a highly worked ex UK 1.9 GTI 205, went like hell, couldn't catch it in the Audi Quattro I had at the time... I don't see them as much as I used to, I suspect most of them are upside down in a ditch somewhere.

A lot have become spare parts, like the E30's there are quite a few nice ones hiding out.

I would love one as a toy ^_^

Bump, anyone know of anything thats popped up? Hoping to buy this weekend. Just drove a citroen BX, which was funny.

:lol: The Corolla is not nice, its an appliance on wheels, but thanks for the plug anyways!

I would still be looking at an E30 ;)

Am watching white e28, suppose I should watch Grahams corolla too dammit

Weekend bump