Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Chicks on the Lion Red

Did this 2 weeks ago when we had family over for my daughters birthday.

You can buy the stands from Mitre 10. 1/3 can of beer per chook with a couple of cloves of garlic in each can.

Salt & pepper the outside. I also use Tuscan seasoning. Cook for 1.5hrs @ 200'C (400'F). Keep an eye on them till the outer skin goes nice and crisp after the 1.5 hours. Best done on a BBQ like I've got and use the foil trays to stop them catching fire. Absolutely beatifull way to cook a few chooks

post-1129-1306371024.jpg

BTW: My brother did the captions

We have the exact same BBQ.

Canadian Broil King.. yes theyre great. I modified mine for special rotisserie spit.

That is awesome.

Lion red though? :unsure:

:)

Why waste a good beer just to cook a chicken? ;)

Why waste a good beer just to cook a chicken? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have done this quite a few times using a convection oven, and have have found that sweeter beers or stouts seem to have or give the best flavour.

We have the exact same BBQ.

As do I. They're brilliant, although mine not so much now it's ~7 year old.

As do I. They're brilliant, although mine not so much now it's ~7 year old.

I've stripped and rebuilt mine twice in the last 6 years... they just need a little bit of TLC and a few $$$ to keep them working and doing the job properly. I've also done a few mods which helps as well... but this is a BMW forum...not a (......) or BBQ forum

Looks like the chickens have shat them selves all over your foil plate :D

Looks like the chickens have shat them selves all over your foil plate :D

Chicks... chooks... there's always a mess... at least I had a foil plate :P

I've stripped and rebuilt mine twice in the last 6 years... they just need a little bit of TLC and a few $$$ to keep them working and doing the job properly. I've also done a few mods which helps as well... but this is a BMW forum...not a (......) or BBQ forum

There aint no way I can fix this anymore, the ally floor has corroded out of it. Must've been the wifes marinades ha.

It came with the spit and cooked the best whole chickens. Could have done with a hot plate though.

Beer-can chicken is my Christmas Dinner speciality! I pefer to use Speight's in mine, good excuse to scull half the can each time. Helps to flavour the meat without over powering it, and also keeps it lovely and moist.

Works on my cheap-arse Warehouse barby by standing the chickens on the hot plate side and then cooking with the burners on the grill side with the top down. Nice and easy cooking - 10 mins to prepare, leave it to cook, then eat!

^^^^^^ What... Poms know what a barbeque is :P

:) Last time I was in the UK, a BBQ meant a small ( A4 Paper size ) foil tray with charcoals that you bought at Tesco, used once for a few burnt sausages and threw away :)

OH,

And I am sure a lot of people who clicked this thread were expecting this :

post-2173-1306436860.jpg

post-2173-1306436694.gif

Hahaha, actual laugh at the captioning. That's a great idea!

:) Last time I was in the UK, a BBQ meant a small ( A4 Paper size ) foil tray with charcoals that you bought at Tesco, used once for a few burnt sausages and threw away :)

It depends on what level of UK society you are talking about, for the vast masses the foil disposable barbie is the only version. The best (and true) story about these is the older lady that took one back to Tesco for a refund, and when they asked why she wanted a refund, the lady said it was because it didn't come with the sausages and burgers shown in the picture on the outside :rolleyes: ! After explaining that the picture was just to show how to use it, not what was inside they reluctantly they agreed to the refund and asked for the receipt, which showed she had bought two other foil barbys. When asked why she had only brought one back the lady replied, that the other two were still in her freezer as she thought it was just this one that was missing the food :lol:

Oi, ya cheeky prick, that's you off the invite list for next year then!

Thats really nice Glenn,if you want to go to more trouble the next step up is to burn down dry Teatree & cook your chooks above the coals on a small rotissere,you have to keep burning more wood down(seperate area) & keep adding more hot charcoal over time.

We only cook on dry Teatree now.(you can use any good wood also,dry grape/apple or similar)

Thats really nice Glenn,if you want to go to more trouble the next step up is to burn down dry Teatree & cook your chooks above the coals on a small rotissere,you have to keep burning more wood down(seperate area) & keep adding more hot charcoal over time.

We only cook on dry Teatree now.(you can use any good wood also,dry grape/apple or similar)

Yes I know that Boris... I also do my own smoking and make my own bacon... remember ?... there is a deli side to me

Oi, ya cheeky prick, that's you off the invite list for next year then!

oops... bugger! :o