Sign in to follow this  
E36 M

What sort of bonnet is this?

Noob question, seen these around heaps, anyone know what kind of bonnet/how it looks different to original?

post-3157-1308647529.jpg

I believe they go by 'bad boy' bonnets. Don't think there is any company that makes them.

Would maybe be a bit iffy on if they are legal or not. Talk to certifier.

Edited by bbs

The differences over standard are the blacked out grilles (which is an easy DIY) and the lower eyebrows over the head-lights, which I would guess can be added on to a standard bonnet. Not really my taste, I would be more interested in the additional lower splitter under the M-spec bumper!

Oh yeah the grills are easy enough, but ive seen more than a dozen of cars overseas with this bonnet and wondered where/who/how you get it. Doesn't look like an attatchment to me but probably wrong. Yeah that front splitter looks awesome, maybe an addition someday down the track..

If it's not an off-the-shelf aftermarket product it'll be a custom job. Easy enough to weld some extra sheet metal onto a factory bonnet, grind it back, bog and paint and viola! Custom bonnet.

Also called a "Boser Hood"

Custom made.

What sort of bonnet is this?

An ugly one.

where's the vomit emoticon?

If that "fad" ever catches on here.......

I know it's all personal taste... but if that wagon had a stock bonnet it'd look 10x better!!

Each to their own.

Definately wouldn't get one, i reckon it looks mint, gives it a touch of evil, but like you said, everyone has their own personal tastes, if not the world wouldn't be the same. Just looks like an aftermarket hood that you can buy in one piece, wouldn't of thought you could weld btis of metal on to it, if they did it must of been a bloody good job!

In a coupe might work but not in a touring.