Sign in to follow this  
koruki

F10 M5 alternatives

I can think of several other car brands around that price range, second hand though :-(

Maserati Quattroporte

Porsche Panamera

They are also classed as super cars with a more 'unusual' badge.

I am in fact currently reading up about the Maser, just in case the temptation is too strong.

Buy F6, tweak it and laugh at everybody as they disappear in the rear view mirror.

Better loose the panda eyes too...

You'd be wanting an F6-E then. And i fully agree with your sentiments.

You'd be wanting an F6-E then. And i fully agree with your sentiments.

Maaaaaaaate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fastest car in the world mate! Lion red mate. Better car than your euro sh*t mate. I heard from a mate whose cousin works in the ford factory in tazzie that the chassis of the falcon was COPIED by BMW for the new M5 mate. True story mate. Burrrp. Maaaaate!!!!!

Maaaaaaaate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fastest car in the world mate! Lion red mate. Better car than your euro sh*t mate. I heard from a mate whose cousin works in the ford factory in tazzie that the chassis of the falcon was COPIED by BMW for the new M5 mate. True story mate. Burrrp. Maaaaate!!!!!

F6 = HALF the price of your M3 with very comparable performance.

And yet falcodore fans are the clowns? Ok bud.

Excuse me going off topic, but self righteous bullshit isn't my cup of tea.

I can think of several other car brands around that price range, second hand though :-(

Maserati Quattroporte

Porsche Panamera

They are also classed as super cars with a more 'unusual' badge.

I am in fact currently reading up about the Maser, just in case the temptation is too strong.

Double post...

but for what it's worth if I was the OP I'd go the quattroporte.

F6 = HALF the price of your M3 with very comparable performance.

And yet falcodore fans are the clowns? Ok bud.

Excuse me going off topic, but self righteous bullshit isn't my cup of tea.

No, this is a real conversation I had up north at a BBQ while a few guys stood around looking at my car.

Oh, and let's add the other bit, they said that the engine must be from a Lexus because BMW can't make engines as good as ford so they must have bought in the alloy Lexus v8....

I'm serious. How are you feeling about those clown words now eh?

Sorry if you took offense, but those aren't actually my words. Apology accepted admiral.

Good times!

Edited by E90 M3

No, this is a real conversation I had up north at a BBQ while a few guys stood around looking at my car.

Oh, and let's add the other bit, they said that the engine must be from a Lexus because BMW can't make engines as good as ford so they must have bought in the alloy Lexus v8....

I'm serious. How are you feeling about those clown words now eh?

Sorry if you took offense, but those aren't actually my words. Apology accepted admiral.

Good times!

How much of a brain you reckon all those guys put together have? That's the most stupid thing i've read in a long time, might be time for new friends.

How much of a brain you reckon all those guys put together have? That's the most stupid thing i've read in a long time, might be time for new friends.

Not friends!! No sir. They were some guys at my sisters house, I met them there for the first time.

Takes all sorts for the world to spin...

If the RS6 is out of budget how would the F10 M5 be affordable? Aren't they similarly priced?

My vote ... Lexus IS-F (great bang for buck in my opinion) and way less thirsty than the V8 in the M3 (borderline ridiculous to be honest, but not as bad as the Merc C63, now that IS thirsty).

I agree Tom , I've driven all the cars mentioned here apart from the Falcon have to agree the IS-F is a fantastic car & now with the locking diff ( the only difference made to the model since its arrival to the market) makes it a really good package & price point is hard to pass by un-noticed especially second hand models done under 5,000 km's for circa $100K or under. I seriously looked at one brand new back last year but as Kiwi535 pointed out ( good on you ! ) a stunning low km 2002 E39 M5 presented itself & I couldn't help myself. I also saved pots of $$$$$ & I haven't looked back. A well looked after M5E39 is the best reason not to buy a new car ( my opinion only )For the money nothing comes close to lovely old E39M5.

I will be waiting with anticipation over the arrival of the F10 & to think in 3-5 years time an F10 M5 will be worth ......??? ... now that's food for thought!

Probably about as much of a brain as is required to assume that all Ford drivers may have anything at all in common with these guys?

Probably about as much of a brain as is required to assume that all Ford drivers may have anything at all in common with these guys?

Yea stop bangin on about ford owners

Its the holden lovers you gotta watch out for :D

Yea stop bangin on about ford owners

Its the holden lovers you gotta watch out for :D

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/5244...Hamilton-Holden

Yeah, i'll say!! Even when a super butt ugly rare version of their prized commondore is stolen.. They are likely to riot!

hmmmm pushing it there mrad

Fair call.

It's a wonderful looking car....