Sign in to follow this  
E36 M

Vision EfficientDynamics Concept Car

What: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics

Where: Auckland Museum Events Centre (Level 3, Newmarket end of the building)

Public viewing: Friday July 15, midday-5pm; Saturday July 16, 10am-5pm; Sunday July 17, 10am-5pm

Anyone going to have a look? A 3cylinder Diesel faster than an M3. I might pop in to have a quick look!

post-3157-1309899210.jpg

What: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics

Where: Auckland Museum Events Centre (Level 3, Newmarket end of the building)

Public viewing: Friday July 15, midday-5pm; Saturday July 16, 10am-5pm; Sunday July 17, 10am-5pm

Anyone going to have a look? A 3cylinder Diesel faster than an M3. I might pop in to have a quick look!

I will be going to have a look. :)

I will be heading there on sunday around lunch time!

This thing is pretty ridiculous. But it's not just the diesel engine that makes the power... it has 276hp worth of electric power too!

I'll also be there, going on the 17th.

Edited by cytamen

This thing is pretty ridiculous. But it's not just the diesel engine that makes the power... it has 276hp worth of electric power too!

I'll also be there, going on the 17th.

Oh yeah ofcourse not, but its an amazing peice of machinery. Only the German's eh

Believe it or not that 's going into production in a year or two.

Just got an invite from BMW NZ to have a look at it tonight. Heading off very soon. Will take the camera....

Interesting...

3 cylinder diesel with electric motors...

Hope it has no heavy batteries?

Interesting...

3 cylinder diesel with electric motors...

Hope it has no heavy batteries?

Got the invite from BMW NZ and went to the launch night tonight of the Vision ED...soon to be named the i8 (new BMW sub brand..like BMW M division)...production in 2013...very cool car, going to be in the next mission impossible film in December, cost 1 billion euros to build and its the only one in the world...0-100 in 4.8 secs i think it was, range of 700km on the 3cyl deisel motor and a charge time of 2.5 hrs from a normal plug in the wall....running on 21inch rims...but only 195 wide....its probably the coolest car you will see in this life time...and it leaves to go to the U.S on monday so dont debate about going to see it too much or you will miss out..

post-122-1310635661.jpeg

post-122-1310635736.jpeg

post-122-1310635829.jpeg

post-122-1310635929.jpeg

post-122-1310636005.jpg

post-122-1310636390.jpeg

post-122-1310636252.jpeg

post-122-1310636323.jpeg

Edited by beemn

It is pretty amazing - good to get up close and have a real good look at it. The interior is much more finished than I expected for a concept car. Not sure about the front passenger area - no glove box??? Kidding.

Very impressed.

I guess the question is, does it sound good?

A supercar is not a supercar unless it can make a sound that sends shivers down your spine.

That is my opinion anyway.....

50% of my buying decision is influenced by the sound the powerplant makes, or could make with the right upgrades.

I like Jaguar C-X75 twin jet powered electric car, I think that will sound amazing.

I guess the question is, does it sound good?

A supercar is not a supercar unless it can make a sound that sends shivers down your spine.

That is my opinion anyway.....

50% of my buying decision is influenced by the sound the powerplant makes, or could make with the right upgrades.

I like Jaguar C-X75 twin jet powered electric car, I think that will sound amazing.

Is it supposed to be a supercar? I had the impression it was just the first of an electric car for BMW?

Well it has doors that go vertical so must be a supercar...

Also I just read the Jaguar C-X75 wont have jet engines anymore... "The C-X75 will be built without the gas-powered micro-turbines, instead, the highway version will use a downsized highly-boosted petrol engine with one electric motor at each axle"

Uhhhh........

And i just realised it had to be a supercar as there aint any like this in the world.

Had a look on Friday awesome vehicle like most things BMW exceptionally well thought out , very well engineered and on the money.

The i3 is supposed to be the first production hybrid for BMW followed by the i8 rumours are $300k for the i8

Is it a super car probably; but not by the standards of the last millenium as it is environmentally friendly in a very broad sense - minimal air / noise pollution, efficient to build, highly recyclable, highly efficient to run, reduced impact on the road.

Also went and had a look, looks so much better in person, photos don't do justice. I would like to know what colour schemes etc it comes out with, Surely it wont be just white and blue? Will be interesting to say the least. Will probably be able to custom code it as a factory option maybe?