Sign in to follow this  
nzhaystack

Crashed the e30 :L

hello people.

last night whilst taking a corner at speed my i slipped and loss traction causing a fishtail out of control into a curb at about 120k. The wheels smashed up and my head hit the sunroof, the car then slid onto the grass and into a blueberry bush. I had a friend of mine tow me out and i drove the car from there to my house. Everything felt supprisingly normal. The only thing i noticed is a slight judder and a merge to the left when im driving in a straight line. In that case i would say that my wheels neeed balancing etc?

I checked control arms, power steering rack and tie rod ends etc and cant seem to see anything out of the ordinary. The oil pan took a bit of a scraping but nothing to serious.

Any suggestions on what to do from now would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

Mitch

hello people.

last night whilst taking a corner at speed my i slipped and loss traction causing a fishtail out of control into a curb at about 120k. The wheels smashed up and my head hit the sunroof, the car then slid onto the grass and into a blueberry bush. I had a friend of mine tow me out and i drove the car from there to my house. Everything felt supprisingly normal. The only thing i noticed is a slight judder and a merge to the left when im driving in a straight line. In that case i would say that my wheels neeed balancing etc?

I checked control arms, power steering rack and tie rod ends etc and cant seem to see anything out of the ordinary. The oil pan took a bit of a scraping but nothing to serious.

Any suggestions on what to do from now would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

Mitch

The panels are all still straightish, They are scratched up real bad and the front bumper has been pushed back a little but apart from that its fine.

/\/\ Lol was waiting for that...

The front or rear wheel hit the curb?

Wheel may be buckled (sp?) so balancing may not fix it.

lucky you didn't roll it!

was that your mate ringing me earlier for parts prices???

give me a yell , we have white panels, bumpers and suspension available

cheers

Jon

Edited by Jono51

I would be seriously supprised if you did that and not bend a single suspension arm or wheel, best bet is to put it on a hoist, visually check for anything thats bent or been hit and replace it. Once youve done that get a wheel alignment done and balance the wheels, this will tell you if anything else is bent or if a wheel is bent.

The other option of course is sell the car and buy a pushbike.. :ph34r:

Hey Guys,

Cheers for all the rerplys. I will take it in and get it all checked out just to be 100% sure its allgood

Mitchell

ahhh being a bulletproof 16 year old!! taking on a corner at 120km on a standard e30. awesome!!

check control rods and suspension bits. have had bent a control arm before, causing a pull to one side. buckled rims cant be fixed by just re balancing. you will either need to get it professionally fixed or scrap it.

ahhh being a bulletproof 16 year old!! taking on a corner at 120km on a standard e30. awesome!!

check control rods and suspension bits. have had bent a control arm before, causing a pull to one side. buckled rims cant be fixed by just re balancing. you will either need to get it professionally fixed or scrap it.

You got it, im a complete f**kwit haha. I have checked the control arms and they all seem to be ok. The front right rim is buckled a little however is only a bottletop so no real issues here as i am planning on some new wheels anytime soon.

You have already acknowledged being a ....wit so I won't expand but seriously I hope you have learned from it & count yourself lucky that you didn't hit another car. This is what race tracks are for!

As for the car - get it checked properly. As Oli said - I too would doubt something is not bent. On a hoist & professionally checked

What about the Blueberry bush? Was it ok?

What about the Blueberry bush? Was it ok?

Blueberry bush was ok, car smells a bit of blueberry and stole one of the branches off it. lol :D

i knew this would happen sooner or later.... no offence but thank christ it wasnt your dads 635CSi or wills E30! i would have had to kill you

in other news, you could cut your loses and buy a 5 series like you wanted..... i have one going cheap.. not the wagon though your not getting that haha

come to think of it was this why mitch S (the 4x4 dude) was texting me about white pfl parts a day or too ago? haha

Why where going that fast in an old clapped out car around a corner presumably in the rain?

E30's don't go fast, this is all heresay.

BL, as everyone else said, get it checked.