Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Tidy red E34 M540i in Dunedin

I agree with you, but the sad point is that there are alot of people who would love to buy an M5 but are paranoid of the costs associated with running a high mileage E34 M5. If you look at the market of the last few years there are alot of high k M5's which are selling for around the same price as a 540is..

My friend who recently sold his E34 M5 (which was a daily driver) was spending $5k / year to keep it on the road - a M60 powered E34 probably wouldn't cost that much. Some people just wouldn't touch an older, high-mileage M power car, despite their perceived collectability. Additionally, those in the know realise the 540is doesn't give too much in terms of out-right performance. So as the cars get older, I think they sort of end up roughly in the same price-bracket....

all true,but if i was in the market now for an e34 again it would prolly be for an M5.If it was for the "best daily" e34 it would be the nicest car i could find either a 535 or a 540.my experience is the 535s are somehow more appealing but the 540 is more about the engine

all true,but if i was in the market now for an e34 again it would prolly be for an M5.If it was for the "best daily" e34 it would be the nicest car i could find either a 535 or a 540.my experience is the 535s are somehow more appealing but the 540 is more about the engine

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=39574360...bc=&ct=link

back on, i reckon 11.5k is a good price for this car.

A very good price - especially considering the relatively low-mileage.

Didn't it reach around $11.5k last time (on auction)?

i hope it sells for 15k. lol. helps the value of mine with 103k's on it :D Not sure what it got up to, but when its under reserve the amount it gets to is kinda irrelevant.

I could almost do naughty things to myself over this car^

I have seen that blue one in the flesh.Its immaculate

Too true.

Boris's car is mint

We have some pretty nice BMW's in NZ - both ///M's and non ///M's.

This one is a great example of a special non- ///M. Stunning on your screen and just as compelling in the flesh. Good luck with the sale Boris!

Edited by ssbmw

I've been watching this auction. I could see it with the BBS of my 40', be awesome. How much did MR CAPSLOCK pay of for it do you know?

I asked my wife, she said no.

I comfort myself that's it low k's but there's a bunch of stuff that'll need to be replaced on it soon (radiator, brakes, cam cover seals, tie rod ends, etc etc…)

Mr D.

How much did MR CAPSLOCK pay of for it do you know?

Pretty sure he paid bugger all for it in comparison to what it's up to now anyway. ROFL @ Señor Caps Locka.

Edited by The Diesel Guy