Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Bimmersporters motorcycles.

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us who own bikes.

My soon to be 'cafe'

post-3653-1314050538.jpg

My Duke SS that now sits forlorn in a shed down the back of the farm.

post-3653-1314050547.jpg

And this thing i rescued from a barn a few months ago.

Yamaha YD3, 1963 250 2 stroke.

post-3653-1314050576.jpg

That's an RD250 John isn't it... I used to work on them

Edited by *Glenn*

That's an RD250 John isn't it... I used to work on them

Definatly a YD3 Glenn (have ownership papers in front of me), the budget version of the YDS3 which was the forerunner to the RDs.

My last bike ..1998 St2 which I modified. 2" big bore and I copied an Arrow chip onto an E prom and fitted. We also modified the airbox and ran a K&N. I bought this new from Haldanes

post-1129-1314051999.jpg

Definatly a YD3 Glenn (have ownership papers in front of me), the budget version of the YDS3 which was the forerunner to the RDs.

I worked on the RD's at Whites in Newmarket.. was 40 years ago :o (memory fading)

My current bikes.

Race one is a Hyosung GT250R - to be raced in the Speedscan Hyosung CUP.

Road bike is a GT650 which Iv fitted drop bars to, end can, bar end mirros - thats how it looked just after finishing, its now a bit more used as its my daily...

post-1483-1314052606.jpg

post-1483-1314052729.jpg

Edited by BBS-RS

Bellicose, are you making a cafe racer? If so, definitely chuck some more pics up on your progress. Cafe racers are boss.

Bellicose, are you making a cafe racer? If so, definitely chuck some more pics up on your progress. Cafe racers are boss.

Yep i am & yep i will mate.

Will be a total strip down so progress may be patchy tho', have to fit it 'round other jobs.

2000 xv250 bobber... mite sell it to get a boat, $4500 if anyones keen.

post-4759-1314059067.jpg

post-4759-1314059078.jpg

Have 3 bikes: 1927 Triumph Model N 500cc, 1954 Triumph 6T Thunderbird, and 1969 Triumph Bonneville. Oh, just about forgot the 1957 Puch 50 Deluxe (for a bit of moped fun.) The Thunderbird is on it's way to Australia so I (and 14 other like minded individuals) can spend 3 weeks touring and taking part in vintage motorcycle rallies in South Australia next month..... :)

That Ducati looks like an awesome way to scare the sh*t out of yourself! Wicked.

I'm thinking of getting a Megelli 250R as my first bike (haven't got learners yet)

Dont have a bike at current, but I do fully intend to get one as soon as someone buys my racecar (hint hint ;)). Probably some old cheap 250 to cafe whilst i work on getting my full (on my risky atm), and then onto bigger and better things. Thinking a 400 sports could be the next idea, not too keen on a squid-mobile thatd kill me in a day :P.

(haven't got learners yet)

whilst i work on getting my full (on my risky atm)

I knew i was missing something haha.

43 and never had one and won't ever get one in NZ.

Had every conceivable (sp?) license when i came back from OZ, car, bike, HT, bus, tracked road vehicle. All up 'bout $6000 worth of license and NZ govt' recognised ONE, car.

So i refuse to do what i've already done AND to a higher degree than what has to be done here.

But the Duke does draw attention with the current pipe setup hehe.

Edited by bellicose

I knew i was missing something haha.

43 and never had one and won't ever get one in NZ.

Had every conceivable (sp?) license when i came back from OZ, car, bike, HT, bus, tracked road vehicle. All up 'bout $6000 worth of license and NZ govt' recognised ONE, car.

So i refuse to do what i've already done AND to a higher degree than what has to be done here.

But the Duke does draw attention with the current pipe setup hehe.

What? Why won't he Government let you have the other licenses? Thats ridiculous!

I'm nervous to go get my Learners ? haha but I really need a bike because my E30 isn't giving me a good time at the moment.. Have you seen the Megelli 250R that I was saying I want to get? Everyone else seems to be getting 250 Ninjas..Too common

Looks like a pretty awesome little machine! Apparently not too powerful, but who cares if it'll do the limit. It looks drop dead gorgeous, and im guessing people would mistake it for bigger just cos they wouldnt recognise it.

i post this again then had many many bikes in the past when i started missing it again i couldnt decide what to buy...found this and i guess its pretty versatile....

Posted Image

Looks like a pretty awesome little machine! Apparently not too powerful, but who cares if it'll do the limit. It looks drop dead gorgeous, and im guessing people would mistake it for bigger just cos they wouldnt recognise it.

I'm not worried about it being the fastest 250 lol I don't want to kill myself on the first few days riding it.. But yes went and had a look at 1 in person and wow! it looks tough! Didn't get to hear what it sounds like because it just came out of the crate so no fuel in it.

Just bought one of these in acid Green on eBay US so should have a stablemate for the Beast in a month's time ... just need to sort out my life insurance now ...

post-33-1314099399.jpeg

*sighs* Wish I still had my Bandit :(

Close friend of mine built a minter a couple years back. I couldn't stand it at first, but it really grew on me. Would totally rock a naked bandit.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just bought one of these in acid Green on eBay US so should have a stablemate for the Beast in a month's time ... just need to sort out my life insurance now ...

post-33-1314099399.jpeg

BADASS!!! Theses are the bikes to have, 0-100kph in 2.something seconds, insane, we're getting another one next month.

Before: Posted Image

During rebuild Posted Image

Need for rebuild: Posted Image

Only original parts = left hand switch block, bar ends, some of the loom.

Everything (yes, everything) is another bike.....