Sign in to follow this  
jwde30

My e30 Progress

Hey guys.

This is my e30 that I have owned since 2009 when I was in 7th form. Some of you probly remember it from when I first joined and from the auckland anniversary meet. Its a face lift Japanese 320i. A little while ago I bought a de-regestered south african 325i. From that I swapped over the houndstooth interior,m-tech 1 wheel,oil cooler,battery in the boot. I have kept the m20b25 out of the other car (2.7 head by the way) but it has a blowen head gasket hense why its not in my car yet. Around the same time I also purchased some bbs rs040's off Jed Rose in Christchurch. They are 16x8 et24 4x114.3, Jed also had some 25mm 4x100 to 4x114.3 adaptors that I also got. I pulled all the bolts out,stripped all the clear off and hand polished all 4 lips and all 136 bolts and put them back together. They are wrapped in 205/45/16 tyres and have a final offset of -1. I know this car probly wont be everyones cup of tea because of the "stance". Its not finished by any means but its finally at a point now where I am happy to say "Thats my car and I built it".

I just want to thank Lucan for all the advice on the wheels and to Jed for contacting me in the first place. Thanks to my friend Mike who hooked up the incredable deal with the 325i.

post-6536-1314679320.jpg

post-6536-1314679632.jpg

post-6536-1314679652.jpg

post-6536-1314679680.jpg

post-6536-1314679713.jpg

post-6536-1314679756.jpg

post-6536-1314679780.jpg

post-6536-1314679800.jpg

post-6536-1314679938.jpg

post-6536-1314679978.jpg

Edited by jwde30

Looks nice man! Any chance of more pics?

Edit: sorry they didn't all load the first time I looked! Loving it

Edited by sascha

Wow! Very clean and classy!

What suspension are you running?

Wow! Very clean and classy!

What suspension are you running?

Xyz adjustables. Purchased from Speedfactor in tauranga. best money I ever spent honestly

Perfect height, nice lug nuts

Thanks man. They're Blox 70mm. Just trying something different.

That looks amazing dude! Tell me more about your coilovers.. do the rears have the spring and shock seperate like most E30s or have you got a normal coilover bolted to the shock mount?? Do you know if the E30 shock mounts are strong enough to handle a normal style coilover?

Very tidy, wheels suit well.

amazing car, love everything about it apart from those stupid door lock dice ;)

That looks amazing dude! Tell me more about your coilovers.. do the rears have the spring and shock seperate like most E30s or have you got a normal coilover bolted to the shock mount?? Do you know if the E30 shock mounts are strong enough to handle a normal style coilover?

Thanks man!. Yes its just the normal set up with a seperate spring and shock. Ive taken the bump stops and locking ring out to lower it more. XYZ do offer a coilover conversion for the rear but its about an extra $1000 on top of the price I paid for these wich was about $1300. No the strut mounts arnt strong enough standard they have to be strenghend. Speedfactor can do this for you. To be honest if I had the money I would do a rear xyz coilover conversion.

amazing car, love everything about it apart from those stupid door lock dice ;)

Hahaha!

All that considered, how much lower will it go at the rear with your current set up?

All that considered, how much lower will it go at the rear with your current set up?

I can get about another 10mm out of it with out cutting the springs. The front is not even half way down. Could tuck golf kart wheels haha

What does a set of these lovely inventions cost?

Um think I paid $1300 plus $200 to get the fron struts welded.

Pics do not come close to doing it justice. Stance is incredible in the flesh! You must be getting pretty sick of scraping that front lip everywhere you go :P

Pics do not come close to doing it justice. Stance is incredible in the flesh! You must be getting pretty sick of scraping that front lip everywhere you go :P

Haha thanks bro. Na that lips been on there for ages im used to it. Its the not having full lock that im still getting used to lol

Yeah! I f**king love this! Nice effort.

Haha thanks bro. Na that lips been on there for ages im used to it. Its the not having full lock that im still getting used to lol

Haha yeah im thinking of going XYZ aswell.. how bad is the lack of lock now ?

Haha yeah im thinking of going XYZ aswell.. how bad is the lack of lock now ?

If I lifted the car up I would get full lock. I can still get full lock at the height it is now it just rubs alot.

Do it bro they're really good.