Sign in to follow this  
simke

What to do about annoying skateboarders?

Now I don't want to sound like a grumpy miserable b*stard, but the problem with noise from skateboarders on school grounds is getting ridiculous. And all with blessing from school under the excuse of "skateboarding class".

We live on the ground floor of an apartment building, with school's netball courts being right next to us, which gets converted to a skateboarding park, with makeshift ramps. The problem being that this "skateboarding class" is happening less than 5m from our balcony, usually on friday afternoons (but not limited to fridays). As you can imagine, this creates intolerable levels of noise.

I have spoken with the principal, he doesn't seem interested one bit. I have spoken with Auckland City Council, they have sent noise control inspectors on few occasions, they have also talked to the principal, who again wasn't interested. So city council told me to monitor the situation over the next few weeks and make note of all disturbances, and then they'll talk to school board. Somehow I don't think this will resolve the issue.

What are my other options? Make video recordings and get a lawyer? Any ideas are much appreciated :)

Play loud classical music. Will drive them nuts.

I personally skate as much as I can(still no good at it), and know how noisey it is. Especially with wood and metal ramps.

Being that it is one day a week I think your fighting a hard arguement. Go fishing/drinking/build junk on friday arvos. Heaps better then giving your money to a lawyer

Good luck

you moved in next to a school and expected it to be quiet ......

you moved in next to a school and expected it to be quiet ......

Yes next to a school, not a skateboard park. Btw, I've been living at this address for 5 years.

Classical music is supposed to be a deterrent for teenagers but personally as this is a "skateboard class" i would pump the bass up and thrash this:

but only as loud as the skateboarders probably are (to argue the case with noise control) but i would think the lyrics would probably put the teachers off.

^ god damn sometimes I wish I could drive over inbred kids like that.

I bet some of you would love for neighbours complaining of noise from our beloved race tracks to go dump diesel all over the track or take a jackhammer to the tarmac as well right?

From a neutral perspective:

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/noise-control

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/council/se...e/neighbour.asp

What school is it out of interest?

take up skateboarding?

Get some shingle

Distribute said shingle over courts

Profit???

Bugger ya, I was going to say this!

If it's over limits of noise then something will happen, can't be good that your only 5 meters away from it, I'd be seriously pissed but then again, I'm the type to buy an apartment building either. The Principal also sounds like he/she needs flat tyres and or/sugar in the fuel tank.