Sign in to follow this  
kevinator9

E30 Roof Racks

Anyone out there have anything suitable? Prefer local but I am going up to Auckland, Coromandel and Tauranga late next week so if it's on the way then I can do that.

If roof racks are too hard to come by I would go for a towbar with wiring. Found a TradeMe auction in Fielding for a towbar but no wiring. Is the wiring available separately?

Anyone out there have anything suitable? Prefer local but I am going up to Auckland, Coromandel and Tauranga late next week so if it's on the way then I can do that.

If roof racks are too hard to come by I would go for a towbar with wiring. Found a TradeMe auction in Fielding for a towbar but no wiring. Is the wiring available separately?

I have a tow bar with wiring and plug sitting round the back of the house if you are interested. Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

I think you can just use any gutter mount roof racks? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is just what I heard

I have a tow bar with wiring and plug sitting round the back of the house if you are interested.

Thanks, PM'd.

I think you can just use any gutter mount roof racks? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is just what I heard

Any that are gutter mount? I have heard Thule are a good brand but don't know of any specific. Hopefully someone chimes in saying whether or not all gutter mounts work or not.

EDIT: Well, managed to find some gutter mount on TradeMe close enough so going for a test fit tomorrow. Hopefully it fits.

Edited by kevinator9

Sweet, let us know if they fit!

Cause I've seen Thule gutter mount ones going for $20 on trademe, but then when someone sells them as "e30 roof racks" they want $150!

if the width of the mount can be adjusted, should be fine, and as for towbar wiring, Narva (sp.) sells harness/plugs, just use some wiring clips and make sure the wires are connected to the correct tail light wires

Used gutter mount roof racks on my old e30. Came in handy for carrying long things when we built a house years back. Remember reading something about max weight for roof was arond 60 kg.

I think the roof rack might be sitting in the garage somewhere. Can't remember brand (nz generic)but if any Wgtn members would like it (free) then pop me a pm.

Got the roof racks they fit mint. Just thought I'd let you know.

Prorack PR20.

Edited by kevinator9

Used gutter mount roof racks on my old e30.

Got the roof racks they fit mint. Just thought I'd let you know.

Prorack PR20.

Sweet as! Cheers for that.

Used gutter mount roof racks on my old e30. Came in handy for carrying long things when we built a house years back. Remember reading something about max weight for roof was arond 60 kg.

I think the roof rack might be sitting in the garage somewhere. Can't remember brand (nz generic)but if any Wgtn members would like it (free) then pop me a pm.

Width adjustable or E30 only? give you a doz or whatever if adjustable

Width adjustable or E30 only? give you a doz or whatever if adjustable

They are adjustable and will probably go another 25 cm wider than the E30 rails. Just had a look in the garage and need to find one of the brackets to complete .Will try and find them over the weekend and they are yours.

post-797-1317886114.jpg

They are adjustable and will probably go another 25 cm wider than the E30 rails. Just had a look in the garage and need to find one of the brackets to complete .Will try and find them over the weekend and they are yours.

my man. PM'd