Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Adrenaline RE002's

Word is the new 002 are as good as RE001's, but with better wet performance.

Any one got em?

Can someone point me at a central auckland tyre place who can hook a honky up with a set of them at a sharp price, or possibly RE11's in a 205/50/16

Any one got em?

Can someone point me at a central auckland tyre place who can hook a honky up with a set of them at a sharp price, or possibly RE11's in a 205/50/16

pm sent :)

Yeah ive got them and they're amazing.

Still not as good as the original F1's but nothing ever really will be.

Expensive but damned good

Does this mean RE001's will become cheaper?

Unfortunately not - The RE002 is replacing the RE001. They are almost out of the RE001 and only have a few left in some sizes

better than the R001's ??

I have these on my M5 and racecar, you wouldn't believe the abuse I have given them in the dry and wet.

Seriously impressed with the grip and on the limit performance.

Always could do with more wet weather grip.

I look forward to checking these new ones out.

geeze I should apply for a tyre testing job....

:lol:

Yes i have RE001s on the front my wagon, i cant believe how good they are. I just need to hurry up and destroy my back tyres and get some on there as well. should be easy soon :ph34r:

How does an RE11 compare to a re050?

I was under the impression the RE-11 is designed more as a track day type tyre as it replaced the RE-01R.

post-1835-1318371353.jpg

Edited by zenetti

I know a guy who got 38,000 km out of Re11's on the road, daily driving, thats impressive for what must be a soft compound.

Edited by Jacko

Any one got em?

Got some on our e39 540 Sport, great rubber, had used toyo T1R which were not bad but now dont make them in my sizes

I have just moved from RE001 on my Legacy to RE11 on Friday.

RE11's are awesome! Amazing grip to be had, very impressed.

Done about 2000k's on the RE002's, Liking them a lot. Great tyres, havent pushed them in the wet yet, but they seem very quiet and VERY sticky in the dry.

This is one wicked peice of road BTW! Best peice of tarmac ive found in NZ, wicked windy switching banked corners on SMOOTH asphalt. Was so good I had to turn around and do it again!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Maungataniwh...mp;t=h&z=14

SH1 between kitchen rd and mangamuka, EPIC!

Edited by Jacko

Just digging this up as I just got a couple of these RE002 (245/40/17) few days ago, thought I'll put some comments on this.

I only put 2x on to replace the back tyres, it is SOOOO quiet I thought I've got a different car. Now I can hear the (factory) exhaust when I put my foot down. (*LIKE*) Now that the back is so quiet, I can't wait to replace the front in a few weeks.

Grip is good, hasn't done anything too crazy yet as the tyres are still breaking-in. Driving-wise feel the same as the Goodyear GS-D3 that I had before, no complains there.

does anyone know if I can get a warrant with Re001 on the left and Re002 on the right front?

My right side tread is gone by the left hand tyre is perfect. Re002 is the only tyre I can buy now.

If not, I think the re002 are overkill (and over priced) option for my car that is used just for around town driving, what could be a decent downgrade option? currently running 235/40/18

cheers.

does anyone know if I can get a warrant with Re001 on the left and Re002 on the right front?

My right side tread is gone by the left hand tyre is perfect. Re002 is the only tyre I can buy now.

If not, I think the re002 are overkill (and over priced) option for my car that is used just for around town driving, what could be a decent downgrade option? currently running 235/40/18

cheers.

I didn't think it was a requirement for a wof to have the exact same tyre on each side. Only the same type of tyre (as in size & rating).

Otherwise there's alot of cars on NZ roads that shouldn't be passing wof's!!

Someone with more wof knowledge here may be able to clarify this alittle more?

I didn't think it was a requirement for a wof to have the exact same tyre on each side. Only the same type of tyre (as in size & rating).

Otherwise there's alot of cars on NZ roads that shouldn't be passing wof's!!

Someone with more wof knowledge here may be able to clarify this alittle more?

your right. has to be same type on each axle e.g. both directional, brand doesn't matter. can be different front to back though eg directional front asymmetric back.

your right. has to be same type on each axle e.g. both directional, brand doesn't matter. can be different front to back though eg directional front asymmetric back.

you also need to have the same speed rating on each tyre and the load rating must be within + or - 2 of each other.

Had a set of RE001s on mk4 Golf. They did 48K, awesome for a grippy mid-priced sport tyre w a 220 tread wear ratio, but then the thing only had 103 hp.

Just got a set of RE002s for the E28. Hoping for the same performance and wear, as the cars take the same size rubber and have a similar weight, but suspect these will get chewed up faster because of the RWD power and the driver being more enthused. God that Golf was boring.

Jesus... 48k..

I don't think I've ever had a set last over 10k.