Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Iphone 4gs

Was driving home from work about 3am and driving past the telecom shop noticed the place was empty and I remember they were launching the new iPhone, thought might go and have a look.

I am currently on a plan which costs me $80 a month and upon looking they had the same plan and you could get the new iPhone for $149 on a 24 month plan which did not really bother me as my work pays for it anyway.

Upon asking for the 16gig black phone on the $80 month plan I was told sorry you cannot because you still have a year left on your current plan and you would have to buy the phone outright at $1020.

Work pays for the plan but I cover the cost of the phone and that's a bit steep for me its a shame you cannot just upgrade to the new plan. Oh well never mind.

These new phones are absolutely brilliant. Brock at work here has had his for just over a week. I really like the voice activation for everything.

i just upgraded my plan and got the iphone 4 on 24 month i was on a 24 month contract with 14 months to go, the store told me i could could not change it but when i rung customer service i had my new phone in less than a hour, magic.

i just upgraded my plan and got the iphone 4 on 24 month i was on a 24 month contract with 14 months to go, the store told me i could could not change it but when i rung customer service i had my new phone in less than a hour, magic.

Cheers just rung them and its all done, Went back down to grab a phone and now they are friken closed hahahaha, Public holiday today here as well.

^^Like.

SGS2 is a very good phone and can be had a lot cheaper now. And its not an Apple :P

Its all good, drove past before and they were open again and nobody inside and stock up the wahazoo , so grabbed a 16gig black one and have already updated to the 5.01 , The siri thing is pretty neat i must say.

iPhone's are missing so much though, you cant bluetooth stuff to another phone, you can't record something and have it as a ringtone... My $500 phone does all that for half the price. I think i will be one of the only people left who doesn't own an iphone or android. I just refuse to pay insane amounts of money for something i will never get full use out of.

They didn't charge you a disconnection fee (to wipe your contract) without telling you did they?

nope..

Battery life that makes an iPhone look good, and enough heat to cook an egg.

Serious? Hahahahahah gold, I brought my Iphone 4 of a mate that downgraded to one of those.

He didnt sound so keen on it after a month, think he regrets it.

Battery life is actually better than a 4 and remembering the S2 is thinner with a bigger screen and with a faster processor and ram, of course it it gonna heat up a bit more...of course there will be fanboys from either side but from someone who has had a 3gs and a 4 i can 100% say that imo the S2 is a step up and it will take more than an upgraded 4(s) to beat it.

Battery life is actually better than a 4 and remembering the S2 is thinner with a bigger screen and with a faster processor and ram, of course it it gonna heat up a bit more...of course there will be fanboys from either side but from someone who has had a 3gs and a 4 i can 100% say that imo the S2 is a step up and it will take more than an upgraded 4(s) to beat it.

Ive got both too and couldnt make the change in the end

On paper s2 but android software interface is no match for ios,its just clunky and unecesarily complicated,a jailbroken iphone can do so much more then any s2,the appstore wins hands down,try plugging your guitar into something like amplitube or ampkit,iphones and all the 3rd party software just rocks

Love the metal and weight of the iphone over the plastic toy feel of the s2 as well

Apple even has a m power app

Ive got both too and couldnt make the change in the end

On paper s2 but android software interface is no match for ios,its just clunky and unecesarily complicated,a jailbroken iphone can do so much more then any s2,the appstore wins hands down,try plugging your guitar into something like amplitube or ampkit,iphones and all the 3rd party software just rocks

Love the metal and weight of the iphone over the plastic toy feel of the s2 as well

+1

In some forums I get labelled ifan, in others, droidboi, because I have at least 3 of each. I also have a WP7 phone, but that is still an infant at the moment.

This whole apple vs google phone thing is like trying to compare a Honda Integra type R to a BMW 330i.

Yes, the Integra is cheaper, lighter, faster and can be hotted up with a huge aftermarket array of add ons, chrome rocker covers, huge wings, fancy wheels, lowered. Wow. Impressive.

The BMW is a bit tricky to modify, so some people label it as locked down. They prefer their Integra because they can mod the hell out of it.

On paper, some would say the Integra is the way to go, but those who have actually driven both will very quickly tell you that the BMW is better. Too bad you can't mod it....but we all know that you CAN mod the BMW if you know what you are doing.

The Integra drivers who look down their nose at the BMW because they believe the bullshit and say you can't mod it look like real clowns....

So, jailbreaking the iPhone and hacking the crap out of it is a pretty simple exercise, and you end up with a hot looking BMW which kicks the Integra into touch...

I carry both the SGS2 and iphone4 everywhere I go and they are both bloody great devices...but the SGS2 doesn't have the same build quality or screen resolution/quality of the iphone4. It's my hot little Integra with a big plasticky wing on the back, and I still love it. But if anyone asked me for a high quality phone with a sensible user interface, the iPhone is still king of the hill. And after a quick 10 minute jailbreak, it can do everything the android can do too...

Can you tell me more about jailbreaking an iphone 4? My work pays for mine so I wouldn't want to get caught out doing anything too dodgy, PM if you want.

Can you tell me more about jailbreaking an iphone 4? My work pays for mine so I wouldn't want to get caught out doing anything too dodgy, PM if you want.

It's pretty harmless, you can restore it back to factory at anytime.

Just go to http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ and you should be able to work it out from there! You are looking for redsnow to do the jailbreak, and then install Cydia onto the phone so you can get all manner of things like dialers, themes, unix command line tools, apps, anything you want, it's there.

You can't do anything useful with iphone. copying files is hard and messy without itunes it has very limited Bluetooth support and no memory card support. it is also missing wifi direct which pisses all over iphone tied to the computer model.

i could go on but there is no point telling apple people otherwise.

You can't do anything useful with iphone. copying files is hard and messy without itunes it has very limited Bluetooth support and no memory card support. it is also missing wifi direct which pisses all over iphone tied to the computer model.

so i came to realise after my purchase but i still think its a great phone

You could go on........ but it could get even more embarrassing...

so i came to realise after my purchase but i still think its a great phone

Jailbreak. Job done.

Then you will have quality build, quality user interface - and all of the above...

e90 M3 do you show your customers [people you make the apps for] there product on a jailbroken iphone?

Also just on the topic of phones what ya think windows mango and 8 will be like? pretty keen to be different.

Edit:

Thanks Pjay

Siri on Iphone 4

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/29/siri-hacked-...ideo-interview/

Edited by 5amchris