Sign in to follow this  
NZLSAF

E49 540i new member

Hey Bimmersport,

Finally i have another car to be proud of. I am a new member, with a new car (post count may give this away).

Recently purchased a 540i and had heard of the forums through a friend so thought it best to get acquainted, gota love like-minded petrol heads and free mod/repair advice :) .

Anyway, some (sh*t quality) pics are attached, good to meet you all.

post-15996-1321431096.jpg

post-15996-1321431112.jpg

Welcome,

More E39s turning up every week!

go the mighty E39 community!!!

We're taking over..

Still yet to see another imola red 540..

I've only seen two e39's one was the 535i on TM for a year, only had 69,000 was asking over 20k

And I think another in welly.

Nice! Good colour to keep clean too :P

E39s are starting to take over the e30s, need some more e46s on here!

Welcome,

Get some headlight upgrades and it'll look even more mint...

Hey all thanks for the comments, ive been looking around for some angel eye headlights (id love HID), any ideas on a good place to look other than trademe?

PM "RJS" he got facelift lights to suit his pre facelift E39 off a overseas site...the name of it escapes me right now

Hey all thanks for the comments, ive been looking around for some angel eye headlights (id love HID), any ideas on a good place to look other than trademe?

Beware with HID - you need to replace the whole assemblies. It is illegal (& rightly so) to use HID bulbs in non HID lamps

Beware with HID - you need to replace the whole assemblies. It is illegal (& rightly so) to use HID bulbs in non HID lamps

He has projector style headlights, it would be fine in his case as he already has the needed reverse projector mask.

Its just a inline ballast and bulb upgrade for him going by the photos hes posted.

hotwire Ideally id like to go with angel eyes and hid's. Am in incorrect that this would require a full unit replacement, furthermore is the legality surrounding the melting of plastic headlights?

Hybrid, am i able to simply purchase and install one of those HID kits (ex trademe etc) for these headlights as they have the reverse projector masks?