Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Pointless Conversions

Not sure what others here think, but this seems pretty stupid to me....

E36 Sedan + automatic 3.8 V6 GM/Holden engine...

V6 E36

I mean sure... each to their own and all that, but why? A stock M50B25 or MB52B28 is a far superior motor for quality and performance! A few upgrades and you have a great fun machine.

Why replace one of those motors with a dull, simplistic ~135kw V6, how mind-bogglingly stupid! And also keeping the iffy automatic... yuck..

Then again I guess that's why its only worth $5400 (if that)

:unsure:

Not sure what others here think, but this seems pretty stupid to me....

E36 Sedan + automatic 3.8 V6 GM/Holden engine...

V6 E36

I mean sure... each to their own and all that, but why? A stock M50B25 or MB52B28 is a far superior motor for quality and performance! A few upgrades and you have a great fun machine.

Why replace one of those motors with a dull, simplistic ~135kw V6, how mind-bogglingly stupid! And also keeping the iffy automatic... yuck..

Then again I guess that's why its only worth $5400 (if that)

:unsure:

been on there for ages, im not quite sure why either. The only reason i can think of is they had a GM V6 under the work bench and the BMW blew up and they had no cash

Yeah, that was my only thought too... just by coincidence they had the two parts available so did it on the cheap

If they worked hard on it and searched for bits etc like I did with the 1UZFE conversion then I think they really wasted their time!

There is someone in either tauranga or rotorua I think that is obsessed with these engines and sticks them in everything.

there was an e30 in taupo earlier in the year

had a 3.8 v6 in it

seemed to go pretty well

he sold it and kept dropping the price until someone bought it ended up getting $1200 for it fully certed with new wof etc

Seem to run well when those engines get the full on formula holden treatment. 300 kw with close to stock enternals bar the heads. All alloy engine as well so not to bad wieght wise. Think 15 % more power than a stock 3.8 M5 with similar torque.

I wouldn't mind seing a 3600 alloytec (newest v6) in a smaller chassis like, e30 e36 ect.