Sign in to follow this  
thorburn

Need advice

Just won this auction http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=428116521

also seen here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=425936640

Now i'm having the guy trying to tell me the auction was just for the engine. No supercharger or "intercoola"

Although I can buy them for extra

What to do?

Edited by bbs

He sounds like an inbred. In reality, probably FA you can do...

Yea I should know better

Was too tempted by the price.

I'll have a call around tomorrow and see what the engine is really worth

If I was reading both listings, it is clear they were included in the auction and go with the motor. The Q&A on the 2nd auction indicates he is a deadbeat. One can only hope he never breeds ...

If I was reading both listings, it is clear they were included in the auction and go with the motor. The Q&A on the 2nd auction indicates he is a deadbeat. One can only hope he never breeds ...

^This.

Just print off the auction and show it to him. I don't really like your chances much. Looks like all you will be able to do is give him a red face.

Edited by zenetti

xyonp = xy...on...p ..... says it all

Isnt XY a ford? I dont know where im going with this haha.

Cheers all

Anyone know of anywhere that will buy such an engine? for cheap now.

Edited by bbs

Isnt XY a ford? I dont know where im going with this haha.

X & Y chromosome = male

therefore xyonp = male homosapien on meth

no wonder he wants to sell the intercoolaa separately.

Anyone know of anywhere that will buy such an engine? for cheap now.

Are you the buyer or seller? I'm confused.

do you mean sell an engine!

Ma8....The engine doesn't look in great shape and the seller sounds like an idiot, i wouldn't even bother dealing with him.

Edited by cliffdunedin

I'm the buyer. I just want the supercharger and to flick off the engine for cheap.

I'll have a check over the engine. The engine is from a 2000 slk230 with 70,000k. As long as the oil isn't black i don't think it'll be in too bad shape. Although that photo isn't doing it any favours.

Plan is to load engine and supercharger into car then give him the $400. I can't imagine he'll be able to do much about the extra money he thinks he can get.

Does anyone not think this plan is fair?

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I believe he stated it was 'minus the supercharger and intercool(er)' but seriously WTF is up with writing it that way (and the auction description in general? - xyonp used confuse and it's super effective!).

I'd vote also to gift a keyboard to him 'minus' the 'minus' key before wrapping it around his head.

^^ Your right to. The Auction listing that James won has a - before the word supercharger. I wonder if thats a spelling mistake or deliberate

i was going to point out the -. in the first auction it says included, but you didnt win that auction so thats irrelevant. I can list my car with AC Schnitzers and decide to hold on to them after auction close and relist saying not included. doesnt mean your getting them just because you "watched" the first auction.

I would have clarified the - sign before bidding...?

Just play it cool and go around with the cash give him the money and take away the engine with supercharger and all the bits you need trust me once he sees the coin (flash it in his face first) he will let you take anything you want, it always works...

I really did not notice the minus until you pointed it out. I just thought it was a dash.

I gave the guy a bell earlier and we have sorted out a better deal. $450 for the lot will keep me happy.

I'd say I was definately in the wrong on this one. Should have cleared up what I was bidding on.

If anyone wants to buy a w111 2.3l engine it's going cheap

Edited by bbs

I really did not notice the minus until you pointed it out. I just thought it was a dash.

I gave the guy a bell earlier and we have sorted out a better deal. $450 for the lot will keep me happy.

I'd say I was definately in the wrong on this one. Should have cleared up what I was bidding on.

If anyone wants to buy a w111 2.3l engine it's going cheap

happens to the best of us. at least he still has the 'charger and all that so not a completely wasted exercise. make sure you ram it home to be clearer in auctions though, as your not the only one that could have been caught out like that